something good to say about BH service :)

ghouluk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2013
Hi all

(wow the new forum design is cool, but the text on the subject line is hooj!)

just thought as i've not been slow to complain about bh service and warranty, that i'd better add the good thing that they've done for me to be fair.

My bike only arrived with one key - cue lots of arguing between dealer, distributor and bh about whether the bike came with 1 key from factory or whether someone in the chain had lost it at some point. I also discovered that there is no way to order spare keys (despite there being a numbered tag) and no one i can find had the blanks to cut (tried about 20 locksmiths around here)which is an important point for anyone losing a key or buying s/h or ex-demo with one key.

At the end of the day, BH UK took ownership of it, and while it did take some time to acquire the replacement lock and keys (during which time i'd managed not to lose the one remaining key) yesterday i got a new lock and not 2, not 3, but 4 keys.....all free of charge - which is what i'd hoped for but was more than i expected to be honest!

Rob

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I don't see why you have had a long wait to get it sorted though. The lock set with two keys is in their dealer handbook for 15 euros. At that kind of price, it shouldn't really have been expecting too much to have had this as stock item, or at least delivered from Spain within a few days.

Nothing will convince me that BH aren't crap when it comes to after market service, and arguing the toss over a 15 euro part while the customer is made to wait, is pretty pathetic business practice.

Last edited:

ghouluk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2013
i didn't say they weren't crap, i said i was happy with the outcome in this case as i got more than i asked for - your points are well made though

Reactions: EddiePJ

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
BH have come good for me now to, but not without the help of my dealer.

As some of you will know, my motor had become very noisy and two Sundays ago, I gave up with it. BH agreed to rebuild it under warranty, and replaced the bearings, but the motor was apparently still noisy. The dealer told them to do one, and I now have a brand new wheel and motor which should be with me tomorrow. :)

It comes to something when you have to have a thread to give credit to a company when they come good, and I'd still never recommend that anyone buy an BH product.

Last edited:
Reactions: ghouluk and flecc

ghouluk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2013
Glad you are sorted, and 100% agree with your sentiment, i think the parent company has a lot to answer for here, though i also think that i was sucked in by style over content :(

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I can't argue with the style over content comment. :)

I still really love the bike and love riding it, and had I not bought it in the first place, the chances are that I wouldn't have experienced what great fun riding an e-bike is.
It's just sad that buyers don't get the aftersales service that's seemingly offered/given by other UK suppliers.

I wouldn't want BH on my books if I was a dealer.

Beach

De-registered
Sep 26, 2013
It is good to learn that your issue got sorted eventually.

Out of interest, to have a look for myself, I've just visited BH's website. (The electric bike part anyway), and I still haven't recovered fully from the experience.

What an unsettling, busy and disorienting experience it is, attempting to navigate through the restless pages and links that either appear or disappear so urgently.

Just tried to visit the rest of the site too ... but the experience is akin to witnessing flashlights and strobe lights messing with my vision.

I have no reason to contact the company ... though perhaps they look in here from time to time.

I wonder if anyone has mentioned to them that their site is a little bit James Hectic? :)

... unless it is just me.

I have been feeling a little bit weird all afternoon ...:eek:

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
... unless it is just me.

It might be, just looked at the site myself. Seems fine to me.

I actually test rode one of their NEO's when I were
looking. Did not feel right for me and I ended up with a KTM.

Reading some reports of problems and the lack of support on this forum, I'm more than happy that I didn't purchase one.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I spotted tonight that the NEO is now going to be fitted with 12ah batteries in place of the 9ah.

Being sarcastic.. The bikes struggle to use an 9ah battery before quitting, so replacing the 9ah for a 12ah is kind of overkill! :D

edit.. I have also just looked at the website and it seems okay.

I did notice that the Xtrem isn't in the model line up any more though.

martin@onbike

Official Trade Member
I spotted tonight that the NEO is now going to be fitted with 12ah batteries in place of the 9ah.

Being sarcastic.. The bikes struggle to use an 9ah battery before quitting, so replacing the 9ah for a 12ah is kind of overkill! :D

edit.. I have also just looked at the website and it seems okay.

I did notice that the Xtrem isn't in the model line up any more though.
The Xtrem is still a current model...on the second page of Neo's on the BH site....now called Xtrem Lite which refers to the fact that it has the 9Ah rather than the 12Ah battery.

martin@onbike

Official Trade Member
The new wheel and motor is in, and it's quieter that the original one was when brand new. This one is just about completely silent :)
Glad to hear that you're back in action on the Neo...I guess you must now have the latest Dapu in, which I found was a marked improvement over the earlier incarnations of Neo-I found them quieter and a bit more pokey too.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Glad to hear that you're back in action on the Neo...I guess you must now have the latest Dapu in, which I found was a marked improvement over the earlier incarnations of Neo-I found them quieter and a bit more pokey too.
I can't wait to try and get out on it tomorrow if I can. The "if I can" is because in the first time in 30yrs I'm off work through injury. I've never had a day off work before, let alone the best part of a week. Both of my knees appears to be shot! It hasn't been a good week, and they are both burning with pain and throbbing like mad. :(

I wonder why they have chosen not to fit a 12ah battery.

I have no idea just how much extra distance duration that it would give in real terms, but I'd have thought that it would have been a good selling point.
I guess that it also depends on what stock of 9ah batteries that they have to get rid of.

ghouluk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2013
because they have had all of the first batch made in the same colour would be my guess :) see how much it increases sales, then expand if ROI is there.

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
I can't wait to try and get out on it tomorrow if I can. The "if I can" is because in the first time in 30yrs I'm off work through injury. I've never had a day off work before, let alone the best part of a week. Both of my knees appears to be shot! It hasn't been a good week, and they are both burning with pain and throbbing like mad. :(

I wonder why they have chosen not to fit a 12ah battery.

I have no idea just how much extra distance duration that it would give in real terms, but I'd have thought that it would have been a good selling point.
I guess that it also depends on what stock of 9ah batteries that they have to get rid of.
Maybe ride to the doctors to get the knees looked at? :)
Hope they come right soon.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I saw a man on a BH today.

Don't see many ebikes, and most of the ones I do see are cheap, so I was pleased to see someone on something decent.

He didn't stop, but appeared to be bowling along nicely, quiet motor and all spokes intact as far as I could tell.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
It wasn't me was it? ;)

I decided to risk the knees and go out. The ride was pretty windy and slow in places, but the knees held out until I got home. Now they are throbbing and burning again.
The new motor is brilliant. It is just about completely silent, and even when new, the old wasn't anywhere near as quiet.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Is that about 35 miles?

I did the roughly the same today on the Coast to Coast from Sunderland to Annfield Plain in County Durham.

Long - miles - climb on the way out, plus a gusty headwind.

Used a bit less battery power than last week - wind was not so constant.

Still enough of a ride for me, I enjoyed it but was glad to get home.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Supposedly it was 34.6miles. The battery was down to the last bar when I returned, but the wind was pretty strong across the top of Ashdown Forest and normally I'd have ridden this unassisted, but not today.
The ride also took in two pretty steep climbs. The first was Kidds Hill, which can be found on Google and Youtube The second was Mardens Hill, which is probably quarter of the distance, but for some reason always seems harder to climb.