My bike enters the twilight zone

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
On two occasions my Rose/Bosch bike has lost drive for a few seconds.

But I don't reckon it's a fault.

Drive has been lost at the same place both times, aside from that the system works reliably.

The location is a large crossroads in the centre of Sunderland.

I reckon something is interfering with magnetic field around the chainstay sensor.

The rest of the system is hard wired, so less likely to suffer from interference.

There's an electric railway line under the junction, what price interference from that?

Reactions: trex

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Aliens?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011

Drive has been lost at the same place both times, aside from that the system works reliably.

I reckon something is interfering with magnetic field around the chainstay sensor.

The rest of the system is hard wired, so less likely to suffer from interference.

There's an electric railway line under the junction, what price interference from that?
you mean the interference causes the badass kit to indicate beyond 15mph?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Maybe a DfT experiment? A sensor detecting a magnetic field indicating greater than 250 watts power in a mass smaller than a moped, followed by a zapping beam. :)

Reactions: neptune

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
<mode - Hartley Blenkins>
Actually, the solution is quite simple, old chap.
You've inadvertently stumbled on the trials of the Sunderland Pulse Generator and you should immediately report to your Local Coordinator for immediate memory blanking. Such knowledge is reserved for the technicians who work for those in charge and we can't go letting that out, now.

Eaglerider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2011
East Sussex
Clearly we need a range of electronic counter-measures. You need to rip up some baking foil into strips. You can then deploy them at the crossroads thus nullifying the government death ray!:eek:

Reactions: anniegirl

MalcolmW

Pedelecer
Mar 8, 2011
West Malvern

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
A few years ago all the remote door bells and car remotes around here stopped working except for a VW Polo.

This was while the RAF had Chinooks messing about, hovering, landing or pretending to. After a while, after they left all came back on. Weird.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Clearly we need a range of electronic counter-measures. You need to rip up some baking foil into strips. You can then deploy them at the crossroads thus nullifying the government death ray!:eek:
I carry one of those survival foil blanket thingies.
Do you think I should wrap it round the bike's electricals, or maybe totally enclose self & bike...
Or might that make me look a little "eccentric"? :confused:

Reactions: anniegirl