Pannier Question for Woosh Big Bear Owners

Gordon Stewart

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 2, 2014
I've always used panniers on my bikes as a good safe way of carrying my bits and bobs and for getting a pint of milk on my way home. However since getting a Big Bear, I've been disappointed to discover the luggage rack is very snug against the battery and doesn't have space for my panniers to clip on. Has anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it or have a recommendation for good waterproof panniers that do fit?

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Reactions: gordon581

john h

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 22, 2012
murthly castle estate
I have panniers on my cd, have not found any problem getting them on , only problem i found was that my heal hit the panniers just moved them back as far as i could,(this is to do with the fact that that they dont have a long chain stay most mountian bikes have the same problem if you put on a rear rack)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
All that will fit is a linked pair which you throw over the carrier.
The Dutch make some good quality linked throwover panniers, below is a large pair I use on my e-bikes. Look up "Dutch Bike Company" in Google or similar to see the variety of Dutch bike dealers who can supply them:

gordon581

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2014
Glasgow
The Dutch make some good quality linked throwover panniers, below is a large pair I use on my e-bikes. Look up "Dutch Bike Company" in Google or similar to see the variety of Dutch bike dealers who can supply them:

Thanks, I went on the Dutchbike.co uk website. I love the Royal family all out for a family bike ride. If only the British royals would do the same, cycling would be more accepted. Those panniers do look like a possibility.

gordon581

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2014
Glasgow
All that will fit is a linked pair which you throw over the carrier.

A few cheap and cheerful ones about, likely to be no more than shower proof.

Brooks make a neat set - at a price - but again they are described as water resistant, not water proof.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/accessories/panniers-racks/basil-mara-xl-water-resistant-double-pannier-bag-35l

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/brooks-england-brick-lane-roll-up-pannier/
Well the Brooks ones are out the question. No way I could justify that cost to the missus. The Halfords ones are spot on and a great price. I'll see if they are in stock. :)

C

Cyclezee

The Halfords one don't look bad and reasonably priced, I would like to see how they attach to the sides of the rack.

As for the Brooks ones, D8veh puts together a complete bike for that kind of money:eek:

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
The Halfords one don't look bad and reasonably priced, I would like to see how they attach to the sides of the rack.

As for the Brooks ones, D8veh puts together a complete bike for that kind of money:eek:
I bought the 29 litre version from Amazon and they are pretty good for the money. Side fitment is velcro straps at the bottom corners. The straps will probably last a little while before they break. But easy to sew.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A year ago off Amazon I got M-WAVE set for about 25-30 quid, still in working order linked so sits over rack nicely, the front end is slopped back so as to prevent heels hitting. Water /shower resistant takes a minute or two to fit can be fiddley but not bad for the money.Generally can get a couple bags worth of groceries in side.

Zeffer

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2014
I took the clips off mine and used cable zip ties. They can't be removed but they work great. Weekly shop is not a problem.

01423frankieboy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 20, 2014
YO51
oops forgot to say there from a company called Fussed and cost £28 the union jack is reflective and the bag is slightly darker colour than the bike but looks well.