18 months interest free credit?

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Hello, we sometimes have a peek to see what's going on!

Jim Brock - I can't see any recent enquiry from you - where/how did you send it? Aaah, via Facebook... that's why we didn't reply immediately, via www.50cycles.com is always best

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
You could try an interest free credit card. That way you can take advantage of the 10% off we would match that price but are waiting for more sDuro bikes to come in. Good luck.

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk

Jim Brock - I can't see any recent enquiry from you - where/how did you send it? Aaah, via Facebook... that's why we didn't reply immediately, via www.50cycles.com is always best
Hi

I think your email system doesn't work so well, at least some of the time. Not a criticism actually, but something isn't quite right there.. I just thought i'd let you know as, well.. certainly from this thread, you may end up losing business..

Regards. SteveRuss

jim Brock

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 25, 2015
Derby

Hi Tim. I will be seeing James at Loughborough tomorrow for a chat. Scott got back to me last night at 9.30.

jim Brock

Jan 25, 2015
Derby
2x Kalkhoff Agattu Premium 8's ordered & paid for today at 50 Cycles in Loughborough. Cross bar for me & step through for the Mrs.

Thank god I have made a decision at long last :D

Picking them up in the morning :cool:

Mrs. was well chuffed with how it performed & initially though she was going to pop a wheelie across the car park but soon settled into it. My 1st go on an electric bike & it was effortless, very smooth & very quiet. Need to plan some trips now (look out for another post)

Reactions: Tim

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
Cant go wrong with kalkhoff because they are superb quality,i have a pro connect s class bought new from 50 cycles in 2012 and it is still like new and going strong with 45,000 km on it because i use it as intended.50 cycles have always been quick to help with warranty issues and advice.

john h

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 22, 2012
murthly castle estate
A bit more on what benjahmin said on this thread, about credit . this is a real eye opener, on YOUTUBE ,HOW LOANS AND CREDIT CARDS REALY WORK ,by white rabbit. i watched this some months back very interesting indeed:eek:

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
A bit more on what benjahmin said on this thread, about credit . this is a real eye opener, on YOUTUBE ,HOW LOANS AND CREDIT CARDS REALY WORK ,by white rabbit. i watched this some months back very interesting indeed:eek:
Try this one for size (Money as Debt). Might as well buy a E-Bike 'cos the folding stuff in your pocket will soon be worth just about what it's printed on!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqvKjsIxT_8

Reactions: john h

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
Try this one for size (Money as Debt). Might as well buy a E-Bike 'cos the folding stuff in your pocket will soon be worth just about what it's printed on!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqvKjsIxT_8
I've read a lot about how banks create money recently. It's pretty disgusting to be in these times of austerity with this information in mind.

Regarding your new purchase Jim. I'm sure you'll love the bikes a lot. I highly recommend you take advantage of their free servicing and replace any parts when they wear. That motor is very powerful and managed to bend my rear steel sprocket (when the chain came off) which surprised the hell out of my local bike shop. The alfine 8 gears are great but they really need to have the cable tension correctly/perfectly set to work smoothly. As parts wear in and stretch (cables and chain are the obvious ones) make sure they or you adjust them.

Enjoy..!!

jim Brock

Jan 25, 2015
Derby
Thanks for info Steve. Mine has a Gates drive & I have to say it is super smooth.

Picked up the bikes today & managed to go out for about an hour from where we live along the cycle paths (pretty flat) into Derby to the new velodrome & back. Took it steady, stopping every half mile or so to discuss gears, & power levels etc with the Mrs.. To be honest I felt a bit guilty at times & turned off the assist but it soon came back on when the odd little hill appeared but I wouldn't have a big problem riding the bike un powered without the battery if the need ever arose.

Bikes performed flawlessly & the lights really do let others know you are coming as they are really bright head on when you are moving.

One thing that did baffle me was the range. When I put the battery on after fully charging it the display said I have 113 miles of range in eco mode. having rode the bike for 9 miles in easy terrain it then said I have 119 miles so its' going to take a while to flatten it if it keeps going up.

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
One thing that did baffle me was the range. When I put the battery on after fully charging it the display said I have 113 miles of range in eco mode. having rode the bike for 9 miles in easy terrain it then said I have 119 miles so its' going to take a while to flatten it if it keeps going up.
It's a matter of guess work for it I suppose. A bit like my car really.. It's always trying to be clever but it could never guess what i'm going to choose to do next! There are other people on here that will know better how this particular system guesses the range and how often it updates itself.

I confess to having used my Pro Connect in full power mode for the first week or so of ownership but as my legs have grown stronger, i've managed to use the Eco mode a lot more. The middle 'Sport' setting seems to be a bit of a pointless setting on mine. Hardly noticeable from the Eco one to me. I've done 35 miles today, around 20 on Eco and the other 15 on high power (and in a big hurry!). I had about 60% battery left when I got home... Pretty happy with that!