BHF banning ebikes are now being discussed on BBC Radio Kent

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Just to let you all know BBC are Broadcasting in the next couple of minutes the debate on whether ebikes should be banned at there charity events.

BBC Radio Kent ...

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
They have not started yet as there talking about the terrible plane crash.:(

• Informative
Reactions: Artstu

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Well that was a long interview with Ray Wookey of "Cycling Made easy" all about 45 seconds however I think they will follow that up shortly with a phone in.

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Well i tuned in on line, but i obviously missed it...... not surprising seeing as it was so short apparently.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
I see the BHF ignored the question completely, I wouldn't want to support them now given what I've learnt about them, and no doubt the CEO is on a six figure salary.

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
I see the BHF ignored the question completely, I wouldn't want to support them now given what I've learnt about them, and no doubt the CEO is on a six figure salary.
This is what he earns.....

In the financial year 2015 to 2016 our Chief Executive was paid £170,825.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol

This is his wage, his expenses are different. And what he earns is a different point

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
This is his wage, his expenses are different. And what he earns is a different point

That was probably his net income.:eek:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008

That is an obscene salary. I don't care what the CEO does within the BHF they are not worth that amount of money. They deserve to re-live this moment of their life in eternal shame, brimstone and hellfire.

There is a growing trend of massive salaries at this level within charities. They justify it by claiming that is what an equivalent person would be paid within industry. The truth is that these w@nker$ would never hold down a job within industry, that's why they are working for a charity. They think a pair of trendy spectacles, winkell picker shoes and a shiny are$ed suit makes them a captain of industry.

I always look at what charities pay at this level. Any more than 60K and I refuse to donate. Virtually all of my donations go to a local dog rescue centre. A lady called Barbara does a fantastic job for 25K. Her fund raising efforts aren't far behind the Air Ambulance who's CEO is on 6 figures.

LEBC Tom

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2013
Hampton Wick, KT1 4DA
That is an obscene salary. I don't care what the CEO does within the BHF they are not worth that amount of money. They deserve to re-live this moment of their life in eternal shame, brimstone and hellfire.

There is a growing trend of massive salaries at this level within charities. They justify it by claiming that is what an equivalent person would be paid within industry. The truth is that these w@nker$ would never hold down a job within industry, that's why they are working for a charity. They think a pair of trendy spectacles, winkell picker shoes and a shiny are$ed suit makes them a captain of industry.

I always look at what charities pay at this level. Any more than 60K and I refuse to donate. Virtually all of my donations go to a local dog rescue centre. A lady called Barbara does a fantastic job for 25K. Her fund raising efforts aren't far behind the Air Ambulance who's CEO is on 6 figures.

Why is anything below £60k ok?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
should be on same money as the slaves they use at there store 70 quid a week jsa.

• Disagree
Reactions: mike killay

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Why is anything below £60k ok?
Because I think that for up to £60K it should be possible to hire a competent person. Dedication and belief in the cause are the most valuable qualities a CEO can bring. I think that if someone is prepared to take £100K + out of the charitable donations for their salary, you have to question their dedication and belief.