Trade versus Non Trade Membership?

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
It's really not clear whether Trex has a commercial interest or has had any financial dealings with Woosh. If he does or has had, that would change matters significantly IMO.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
The vast majority of posts by trex are no more than a puff for woosh.

His avatar should be a woosh logo and his account name should be woosh sales.

Anything else is a mealy-mouthed compromise, particularly when the other trade members play the game properly.

C

Cyclezee

I would just like to make it clear that I am in no way accusing Trex of knowingly doing something devious or underhand, but the perception is of clear commercial links and bias to a particular brand.

Bias / loyalty to a particular brand is quite common and understandable when it comes from non trade members who have invested their hard earned cash in a product and firmly believe it to be the best thing since sliced bread.

When that non trade member clearly has commercial links to brand then it should more visible than small print at the bottom of a post.

I am sure that many current members will not be aware of an incidence in the past when someone posing as a non trade member went totally over the top praising a brand / company, it was later discovered that the individual was in fact a director of the company.

• Agree
Reactions: tillson and Croxden
Mar 9, 2016
Think Trex can be relied upon to be responsible so does it really matter. Besides there must be loads of so called non trade members connected to a shop / manufacturer // dealer and we know nothing about it. With Trex everybody knows, he isn't hiding anything.
I could be a Haibike rep for all we know.
Its all down to sincerity of posters, you cant regulate to alter that.
Wonder how many posters have second identities, that's rasy to do. Massive problem on car forums I go on. Bet it happens here as well.
We all have to take any post at face value.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I
I am sure that many current members will not be aware of an incidence in the past when someone posing as a non trade member went totally over the top praising a brand / company, it was later discovered that the individual was in fact a director of the company.
I think he did it on Impulse.

Mar 9, 2016
Think generally this is the most insulting Forum I,ve ever frequented. Robf's post is uncalled for ?? Trex never insults, says stuff as he sees it , does has a bias towards somethings, but so do most of us..
Cant see any problem. Folk looking for argument ???
Calling Trex mealy mouthed is way out of order. This IS when mods should step in and say so. This is what's ruining this forum.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: electrickery

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
you may have noticed, not a pip from me on woosh products since this thread starts.
I have already accepted the views expressed here and thank you for your posts. Be assured that I will refrain from plugging woosh products in the future. Any plug for woosh will have to go through Woosh account.
I need to know if members think it's acceptable that I reply to questions on Woosh products as trex. For example, if I post that the SWX02 is better than the SWXH, it may be seen as a plug. Until now, because I have done recommendations in place of Woosh in the section of the forum 'which bike should I buy', I accept that I may have infringed the rules of this place. You should treat these recommendations as made from a standpoint of Woosh commercial account.

C

Cyclezee

you may have noticed, not a pip from me on woosh products since this thread starts.
I have already accepted the views expressed here and thank you for your posts. Be assured that I will refrain from plugging woosh products in the future. Any plug for woosh will have to go through Woosh account.
I need to know if members think it's acceptable that I reply to questions on Woosh products as trex. For example, if I post that the SWX02 is better than the SWXH, it may be seen as a plug. Until now, because I have done recommendations in place of Woosh in the section of the forum 'which bike should I buy', I accept that I may have infringed the rules of this place. You should treat these recommendations as made from a standpoint of Woosh commercial account.
Well done Trex, I hope that we can now draw a line under this, move on and look forward.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Sounds more than fair.

Having said that, I've seen what bike? posts on here that shout, say, Big Bear.

Any member should be free to reply to those appropriately.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
An apology for mealy mouthed comment would end it all nicely now Trex has been so noble.
I suspect trex has grasped the meaning of my post, but you have not.

Either way, feel free to post what you like, but don't expect me to support your attempts to order the forum and its members to your liking.

Believe it or not, Pedelecs rolled along quite happily before you landed, and yes, it did the same before I joined.

Equally, it will probably do the same long after we've both gone.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
There used to be a lot of impostor postings on this forum....there was one amusing incident where the guy clearly had three lap tops in front of him,all talking to each other....call them Tom,Dick and Harry...all praising the attributes of 'the best e-bike in the world,why would you buy anything else'.
Unfortunately he got confused and forgot who he was meant to be,finally he signed off with his real name.
It doesn't seem to happen as much lately or maybe Tom,Dick and Harry have got cleverer,hehe!
KudosDave

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
There used to be a lot of impostor postings on this forum....there was one amusing incident where the guy clearly had three lap tops in front of him,all talking to each other....call them Tom,Dick and Harry...all praising the attributes of 'the best e-bike in the world,why would you buy anything else'.
Unfortunately he got confused and forgot who he was meant to be,finally he signed off with his real name.
It doesn't seem to happen as much lately or maybe Tom,Dick and Harry have got cleverer,hehe!
KudosDave
It would have been worse if he'd had 50 Laptops.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Actually Trex,I must say that I have seen an attempt by you to introduce some degree of impartiality,even praising the Kudos product and others occasionally.
I don't think you can avoid comments about the Woosh product,it's in your DNA.
I think most of us realise you have an association with Woosh and newbies will soon grasp that.
Better to have it in the open,it's the clandestine impostors that annoy me.
By the way,Kudos also pays as a trade account.
KudosDave

Reactions: Tomtomato

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I need to know if members think it's acceptable that I reply to questions on Woosh products as trex. For example, if I post that the SWX02 is better than the SWXH, it may be seen as a plug.
I'm very happy for your to post advice on Woosh products under your Trex forum name, that's no different from any other member giving advice from their knowledge of a model or brand.

As far as I'm concerned, so long as you don't only link to Woosh models, you can also include links to Woosh models when anyone asks for advice on a bike to buy. The problems only arose from almost exclusively recommending Woosh products.

Reactions: electrickery

Tomtomato

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
On the basis that Trex 90% of the time pushes some recommendations on Woosh bikes, and also "designs" bikes for Woosh (if such word is actually relevant, more like putting combination of components together from the choice offered by their Chinese suppliers), then I don't see why he can't post under an official Woosh account, with a Woosh logo on it...

Anything else does look strange to me. I think everything should be done on the forum to indicate trade posts vs. individual posts.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Certain traders here should hang their heads in shame, what a petty vindictive thread!

What you`re really miffed about in this instance is that you haven`t got a product that matches up to the OP`s presentation both on price and quality, Maybe you see it as a threat and you`re afraid your tills won`t go kerrrchinnng as much!

There`s nothing to ail all of you in presenting on here your alternative to this product ................. providing you have one at that price point of course.

Some of you haven`t a clue how to run a business - badmouthing the oppositions mode of presentation don`t do any of you any favours.

Please stop acting like children in the schoolyard.