Introducing the new Woosh Bermuda

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
I might have missed it but, what size of frame is it?

Send it up to me, I'll review it. ;)

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
18", 46cm from middle of bottom bracket to top of seat tube.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Well it looks a good solid bike to me, ideal for general use if you are not the show off kind.
Only pity is that is not crank driven.
I expect that Woosh will sell you a throttle separately.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Well it looks a good solid bike to me, ideal for general use if you are not the show off kind.
Only pity is that is not crank driven.
I expect that Woosh will sell you a throttle separately.
it has a thumb throttle on the left side that you can unplug.

The crank drive version in this frame is the Bali:
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?bali

Last edited:

flash

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2009
CW12 Congleton
Looks brilliant! And if my Krieger is anything to go by it will be reliable. Keep the good work Trex.

Reactions: trex

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
thank you flash.

acm2000

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2015
Ipswich
those asking about full suspension, surely NCX seatpost is a better alternative for a more efficient and stuffer bike on the road.

• Agree
Reactions: VictoryV

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
@ trex,
that seems a heck of a lot of bike for the price.

the frame size looks on the small side though, is it?

is there a ladies variant?

also what sort of price does it come in at with the 15Ah battery - pm me if you wish.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
is there a ladies variant?
My first thought! It is "womens" frame, ladies don't ride bicycles :p, ladies is what is now called step through so that older men don't get upset... :rolleyes:

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
I am not sure that the Bermuda is his cup of tea. It's made for boring day to day commute in all weather. Nothing is easy to nick or worth nicking on it.
Just get on the bike and pedal, no need to change gear (it does have 8-speed derailleur but the motor is so powerful, I set it on 7 and I never bothered to change it).
That's interesting! I searched the other day for 'How many gears does an ebike need?', and found this:
http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=7833.0 which seemed a very informed piece. I liked my Santana, but felt I only needed three gears, so built my own. Woosh bikes do seem solid and well finished,but have trended to that horrible battery on a rack which, I saw described recently, as like riding with a child on the back. Much better in the centre of the frame. Keep up the good work.

Andyemb

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 21, 2016
Worcester
Hi, why is this bike only suitable for 100kg? I've been looking at the big bear does this bike have the same hub motor.

Andy

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
The Bermuda has a rigid tail, its motor is not suspended like the Big Bear's so nothing protects its spokes against too much stress at road bumps and potholes.
For heavier riders, the Big Bear is a better choice.

Andyemb

May 21, 2016
Worcester
Many thanks for the quick reply its back to the original plan of the big bear then.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hutch

May 15, 2016
Brussels
I like the low saddle, it is uncommon for 27.5'' tires. I'm 5.7'' so it might be a way for me to enjoy larger wheels while keeping the bike low.

• Agree

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
I like the low saddle, it is uncommon for 27.5'' tires. I'm 5.7'' so it might be a way for me to enjoy larger wheels while keeping the bike low.
That makes no sense, once the saddle is at the correct height for the rider it is just like any other bike in terms of contact points.

A bike with a shallow seat angle like the one below does allow for a lower saddle and correct seat to pedal length, but means the knee is wrongly positioned behind the pedal spindle. That may not be of much importance to buyers of that type of bike though.

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
You can see that the top of seat tube is low compared to the top of the head tube. At its lowest setting, the saddle will be only a couple of inches above the rear rack.
Other than that, the front of the saddle on the Bermuda is classically placed vertically above the bottom bracket.

5ft7 is OK.

compare that to a Kalkhoff, clearly designed for tall people.

Last edited:

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
the front of the saddle on the Bermuda is classically placed vertically above the bottom bracket.
I could see it had normal geometry, hence why I highlighted a bike that hadn't. My post could perhaps have been clearer.

Regardless the low saddle Hutch sees won't be so low once at the correct height.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the average age of the target group is 60+.
they tend to have shorter legs and big torsos.
Also, they prefer a more upright position, hence the adjustable quill stem.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
At the extreme is the Gazelle Balance.

The saddle is set far back, chopper motorbike style, so you can pedal with the correct leg extension, but still put your feet flat on the ground while sitting on the saddle.

Disadvantage is pedalling in such a position reduces the amount of power you can put on the pedals.

Not so important on an ebike.

https://www.gazellebikes.co.uk/bikes/balance-c7-hf/

• Agree

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
that's a fashion statement, a bit more than extreme.