Newbie ebiker

Denis99

Pedelecer
May 26, 2016
South Wales
www.instagram.com
Hi,
Just joined the forum today, been interested in getting an ebike for some time , now I have taken the plunge and bought a bike online earlier today.

I live near Afan Argoed and ride the off road trails at least three times a week with my conventional mountain bike(s).

I have ordered a Felt Lebowske fat bike to enable me to get out a bit more often.

Will keep you updated, should arrive next week.

Regards

Denis

Reactions: yaffa

Denis99

Pedelecer
May 26, 2016
South Wales
www.instagram.com
Cheers, I have previously owned a semi fat bike(s).

I'm sure the fat bike aspect will be fine, ex Jones Spaceframe owner ( couldn't get on with a rigid ride), and a Trek Stache 9 29+ ( couldn't power the bike wheels enough on the steeper climbing).

Hoping that the electric assistance will provide the necessary assistance on the longer more technical climbs.

Denis

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Cheers, I have previously owned a semi fat bike(s).

I'm sure the fat bike aspect will be fine, ex Jones Spaceframe owner ( couldn't get on with a rigid ride), and a Trek Stache 9 29+ ( couldn't power the bike wheels enough on the steeper climbing).

Hoping that the electric assistance will provide the necessary assistance on the longer more technical climbs.

Denis
You sound like a good candidate for a Bosch bike.

No throttle, and the torque sensor means you pedal harder on climbs and use the gears just like your ordinary bikes.

The extra weight means it's not quite the same pure cycling experience, extra care needed to balance for one thing.

But there's no way around that if you want e-assistance.