Pedelecs frum makes me feel sick

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
THE question is, If I take a 1940s classic bike such as a Raleigh and much admired by me in 1949 when my Uncle and Aunt bought a pair, and now add a 250w motor AND throttle, do I get Grandfather rights?
Nah, they're your Uncle & Aunt, you need to get something that your GrandDad bought to get GrandFather rights ;)

• :D
  • Agree
Reactions: LeighPing and trex

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
you do realise this website is called "pedelecs".... which does have a definition in the UK, but we'll ignore that bit ;)

and I'm sorry, but I'm afraid its not based on irrational fear, its based on facts and conversations with land owners and organisers and it is already starting.

http://www.cyclingmadeeasy.co.uk/e-bikes-at-cycling-made-easy/press-release-british-heart-foundation-pulls-plug-electric-bikes/
Why quote that article? It's got nothing to do with the point under discussion in this sub-thread portion.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I really wanted that guy who does fabulous wicker panniers to do me one for my trailer but he stopped selling them :(

Am I on subject? :rolleyes:

Reactions: LeighPing
Why quote that article? It's got nothing to do with the point under discussion in this sub-thread portion.
Because its a direct example of pedelecs being classed as motor vehicles by a large organisation, on the grounds of risk. Rather than classing them as bicycles as the law does. Which is exactly the problem we're worried about growing, to other organisations and land owners. Which was what was being discussed at that point.

flash

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2009
CW12 Congleton
I came on the forum tonight to post something about the London Nocturne. I do not bother reading the forum much these days, for many of the same reasons that Dave(op) mentions in his post. After reading this thread, I could not be bothered to post about the Nocturne. So like Dave, I will cycle off into the wilderness and leave you all to it. It used to be a fun place to visit. I became a member on 1st April 2009. Probably significant in my case being an old fool. I have cycled all my life and never had a forum to read about it so perhaps less time on here, more early nights will lead to more cycling and less bitching bye :confused:

• Informative

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I came on the forum tonight to post something about the London Nocturne. I do not bother reading the forum much these days, for many of the same reasons that Dave(op) mentions in his post. After reading this thread, I could not be bothered to post about the Nocturne. So like Dave, I will cycle off into the wilderness and leave you all to it. It used to be a fun place to visit. I became a member on 1st April 2009. Probably significant in my case being an old fool. I have cycled all my life and never had a forum to read about it so perhaps less time on here, more early nights will lead to more cycling and less bitching bye :confused:
I think the equilibrium has been restored in the past few weeks. It would be a shame to lose another long term member :(

Reactions: D C
C

Cyclezee

I am also taking a sabbatical from the forum and have reverted to being a non trade member.

Since I made that move admin have put a couple of threads that I posted on hold for moderation, they were not marketing related, more related to topics that I thought might be on interest to readers, so clearly I am on the "naughty step".

I think that members should be aware that conversations between members are not confidential, they are monitored.

• Informative

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi John,

Let me clear up a misconception for you.

There is no facility within Xenforo for admin view conversations between members. Please refrain from posting outright lies on this forum, otherwise you really will be on the 'naughty step' !

• Informative
Reactions: Artstu
C

Cyclezee

Hi John,

There is no facility within Xenforo for admin view conversations between members. Please refrain from posting outright lies on this forum, otherwise you really will be on the 'naughty step' !
Russ,

This was the conclusion arrived at by a member during a recent conversation.
but please don't call me a liar

[admin: above was modified after my reply below to] :
This was the conclusion arrived at by a highly respected member during a recent conversation.
I would be happy to be proven wrong, but please don't call me a liar

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Russ,

This was the conclusion arrived at by a member during a recent conversation.
but please don't call me a liar
Don't make claims that you cannot substantiate.

You did not say "someone else said...", you said "I think that...".

Frankly John, I am amazed that you would even consider that I would do such a thing.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Don't make claims that you cannot substantiate.

You did not say "someone else said...", you said "I think that...".

Frankly John, I am amazed that you would even consider that I would even do such a thing.
Hi Russ

In a conversation with John something occurred which made it look to both of us that it could only have happened in response to something just posted within the conversation. That was the source of this thought.

It seems that it was a very remarkable coincidence from what you've said. This isn't a matter for the forum so I will email you later to explain, I'm just going out at the moment.

regards, Tony

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Never a dull moment, keep it up chaps.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
A bit too electronic nerdy. If you have no electrics or electronics background highly indigestible. Very American.
Offensive language? Please explain!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/conversation-essentials.275/

not sure thats the right add on for it but there will be 1 if you wanted to use it.;)

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
To make this perfectly clear, we do not look at private conversations. What we have been accused of by John in his post #150 is untrue.

Upon receipt of proof from us (which was a link to a Pedelecs post where John himself stated the correct facts, albeit some years back), Flecc has messaged me to say he was mistaken in the subsequent post which was based on a misunderstanding on his part (and he kindly apologised).
I understand John himself was reminded of his post earlier today, but I'm happy to provide that if not.

We obviously need to correct facts where accusations are untrue and made publicly (and without checking the facts with us first) since, whether intended or not, this could potentially damage our reputation.

Reactions: flecc and LeighPing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisers