Felt Lebowsk - e fat bike

Denis99

Pedelecer
May 26, 2016
South Wales
www.instagram.com
Total newbie to ebikes, but experienced mountain biker.

The bike is a Felt LebowskGR011126.jpg e fat bike, hardtail, see the image.

I have taken the stock Rockshox Bluto off and fitted a Lauf fork in its place. Other upgrade was to the DT Swiss wheels and made the tyres tubeless.

It has a Bosch 400 w battery as standard.

Tyre pressures at 8 psi front and rear!

My first ride was my usual Afan Argoed off road trails mix up.
Rode up The Wall and then over to Whites Level descent.

Ride in total was 30 miles with approx 900 metres of climbing.
Had two bars on the battery when I finished the ride, which slightly (pleasantly) surprised me.

I used Eco for about 80 - 85% of the ride, and only used Tour when the climb got a bit steeper.

There is a little gyroscopic effect going on with the front wheel which is normal for fat bikes, and steering can have a mind of its own sometimes.

The ride using the battery is really good, eco supplies that extra support for nearly all riding, and makes climbing singletrack fun again.

The spec on the bike is top notch really, although I realise the Lauf fork is a little marmite.
The fork is very light weight,soaks up the general ( normal) trail chatter really well. Climbing with the fork is good, as you don't need much more travel than the 60 mm on offer.

No rebound control, so takes some getting used to.

Descending is fine, as long as you are not going like a downhiller.

Denis99

Pedelecer
May 26, 2016
South Wales
www.instagram.com
By way of an update.

Covered about 400 miles from new now.
Thoroughly enjoying the bike, made a few changes.
Removed and sold the reverb dropper, just not used, replaced with a USE suspension seat post. This only gives 50mm of travel, but is ideal for taking the sting out of the worst the trail can offer.

Now settled at 10 psi front and rear tyre pressure (tubeless).

The bike originally came equipped with a Rockshox Bluto 100mm suspension fork. Out of the box, the performance was not that good, not supple and the rebound left a lot to be desired.
Sent the fork to TFT for a service / tuning. As usual returned and works like it should have.

The Lauf fork is a very different beast. Only 60mm of uncontrolled rebound damping, requires a different style or approach.
You need to put more body weight rear wards and to a certain extent let the fork do its own thing.

Excellent bike, and I have had a lot of bikes.
Should have got an ebike a long time ago.