First Mud

Blaque

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 25, 2016
Scottish Borders
It finally arrived on Thursday. Took the day off to sign for the delivery and say good bye to my old Friend.

IMG_0498.JPG

Swopping my 2001 Marin Rift Zone @ 25lbs for a 50lbs Lapierre Overvolt FS700. Only managed to put it together and have a short test around the block after that. A bit disappointed, Controller would switch on but switch off 30 sec later, couldn't switch the mode from off to Eco. Had a read of the manual. "The motor only switches on when you start to pedal." Ok, lets set off and start pedalling. No still won't change. Its a good job around the block is mostly flat. Except for the short 10-12% hill near the finish. At least I know I can get up under my own steam!

IMG_0502.JPG

Day two. I found out I hadn't pushed the screen all the way on to its holder. What a difference, it actually works!! Now I'm getting somewhere. In fact I did twice my usual distance in the same time.

This is not intended as a review, as I have a little bit more fettling to do. I think I have all the pressures to high. Tyres, Shock, Forks, so would not be a true reflection on the capabilities of the bike. But climbing is fun, I have only noticed the motor cutting out over 15mph a couple of times. 28mph is doable on the flat without spinning like a washing machine. The brakes could do with a little more bite. At one point I lay in the grass looking up at notch of bark I had just taken out of a nearby tree and thought "these handlebars must be a lot wider." Anyway I am having fun and when I get it dialled in I'll let you know what I think about this bike.

IMG_0510.JPG

Time to give it a wash and put it away.

First Mud
IMG_0513.JPG

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Only do post ride photos if you have a full valet service available.
Otherwise SW will pick you up on your bike care;)

Blaque

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 25, 2016
Scottish Borders
I had to relent last night, and gave it a quick hose down. As well as pull out the grass (it was so wet and muddy it could have been Reeds) from the cassette.
Stevemanfa - That's too shiny !!

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Related Articles

Advertisers