Brexit, for once some facts.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
May should have commandeered The City of Lincoln Lancaster from The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and flown to Berlin in that yesterday. What a splendid sight that would have made as she touched down on the Tarmac.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Closing in on 3,000 posts and my take on 'Brexit' has simply been reinforced.

Leaving the EU would be an act of gross stupidity on every front though most particularly, sheer economics. Because those who populate both chambers of parliament understand that, I actually believe that 'Brexit' will not occur in my lifetime. I hope I'm not wrong.

The campaign to withdraw the UK from membership has always been predicated on a combination of blind ignorance, utter misplaced arrogance and racism. Even in this little cycling forum that last element particularly has been common to many of the comments from the pro-'Brexit' supporters and wrapping their evil beliefs in what some might consider humorous remarks doesn't disguise the entrenched racism of the authors.

I do find it curious that racists really dislike being called racist. The usual rebuttal containing the defence of 'I ain't racist - some of my best mates are black!' or similar, illustrates perfectly their ignorance of what racism actually means.

If I were PM right now, I'd call another referendum for no other reason than to annoy the triumphalist 'Brexit' camp. There would be a huge change in public opinion, I am sure!

Tom

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
Just like old times.
No,it really isn't. I think you've watched dambusters once too often. Excess fantasy and too little reality is a brexit problem. Take it from someone who's been a conscript in war in Africa,there is nothing remotely "like old times" about war.

Reactions: trex

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
He can't, because you have a monopoly on it.
Do pay attention Teresa May isn't a man!
Come on Rob, you can tell the difference[emoji1]
And ask yourself this question, if a politician says brexit is a really bad idea before the referendum, and now says the exact opposite, does that make them truthful or a liar?
It then follows how can you trust then to behave honourably?
And not do whatever they like?
You would have to be stupid to believe that wouldn't you?
Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
52% of the voters wanted control on immigration and that's not going to change. The un-informed voters do not make the distinction between the right to come and work here with right of abode.
The EU may introduce some form of restriction on freedom of movement in the next treaty change but that's not guaranteed, so brexit may be the only way to unite the country against ukip.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
  • Informative
Reactions: flecc

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
don't you watch Pointless? if you ask 100 people if today is Thursday, probably 10 are too drunk to know which day it is.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
There was a Tory MP on the box who wanted a controlled points system on immigration,he stated that we could pick educated people and reject the low skilled.
But the EU workers are often doing all the lower skilled jobs in the country,Brits just won't do those jobs anymore,in many cases the wages,especially if they have the optimum 5 kids,are lower than their benefits.
Also many of these EE workers are actually over educated for the jobs they do,but they do a good job because they want the money.
Our unemployment rate is very low,anybody who has interviewed some of the remaining unemployed supplied by the job agency will know that there is a hardcore of Brits in this country who don't want to work and make themselves unemployable,some of these I wouldn't employ even if they were given for free or I was paid to take them.
So those who say that if we kicked out the EU workers that will give more opportunity for Brits to take their jobs,but there isn't many quality UK workers available who want those jobs.
KudosDave

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Its also a nonsense thing to ask an opinion on...

How can only 61% of people agree on a fact?? Its something that's not up for debate... its just a fact!!

Could I set up a poll to see if people agree that today is Thursday? I wonder if some people would find something to argue about that???
It's something that was never mentioned until after the referendum took place. Not a word about it only being an advisory poll at all, from anyone.

Only after the result was announced did it start to he talked about, almost exclusively by the losing side. It may be a fact that the government are not obliged to act on the result but they will.

The case to ignore the result based on it only being advisory may technically be possible, but so child like, undemocratic and toxic is the notion that they dare not. Only the lowest of low-life would support such measures and it would be a massive boost for UKIP at the next election.

I detect that after the initial shock of the out vote, people were rocking on their heals for a couple of weeks, even the out voters. Now things are settling, I think the pendulum is swinging back to where it was pre vote. That is the majority want out. I was listening to a Radio 5 public debate this morning and that's what I picked up. I'm also hearing it in general conversation.

I think the peevish, spoilt-brat like children saying "it's not fair, I want another vote" had better grow up, accept what has happened, support their country's chosen direction and get on with it.

This nay-saying is beyond pathetic and people are making a disgrace of themselves in the process. Have some self respect and accept what has happened.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It's something that was never mentioned until after the referendum took place. Not a word about it only being an advisory poll at all, from anyone.

Only after the result was announced did it start to he talked about, almost exclusively by the losing side. It may be a fact that the government are not obliged to act on the result but they will.

The case to ignore the result based on it only being advisory may technically be possible, but so child like, undemocratic and toxic is the notion that they dare not. Only the lowest of low-life would support such measures and it would be a massive boost for UKIP at the next election.

I detect that after the initial shock of the out vote, people were rocking on their heals for a couple of weeks, even the out voters. Now things are settling, I think the pendulum is swinging back to where it was pre vote. That is the majority want out. I was listening to a Radio 5 public debate this morning and that's what I picked up. I'm also hearing it in general conversation.

I think the peevish, spoilt-brat like children saying "it's not fair, I want another vote" had better grow up, accept what has happened, support their country's chosen direction and get on with it.

This nay-saying is beyond pathetic and people are making a disgrace of themselves in the process. Have some self respect and accept what has happened.
Let's hit the Article 50 button right now and begin the Experiment before your beloved Government sells you down the river!
That would spoil the fun for all of us.
What an irony, the campaign for Brexit was run by liars.
Now they have gone and liars from the Remain camp are now in charge of making it happen.
Only in a Disunited kingdom where the population is near as dammit split down the middle could this happen
We face a campaign very much like a war, but have to ask "The enemy" to patiently wait for us to come up with a plan.
Tillson thinks it's like old times?
lets see in what way?
It's as if we have retreated to Dunkirk, and sent a letter to the German Commanders for a cease fire while we get our fleet of little boats down to the Channel coast (and please don't dive bomb us while we do so!)
When they get fed up they will force an agreement on us, and boot us out.
Best go now with what little dignity and credibility we have left, than be seen to beg for crumbs.

Last edited:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com

The problem is that it has split the country,I dont know any previous action by parliament that has caused so much diverse opinion. On this there appears no grey area of compromise,Leavers want Out,whatever the cost,Remainers want in because they can already see the cost.
However,Theresa May has said she wont trigger Article 50 until 2017,she also has said that she wont try to use the Royal prerogative until after the result of the court cases,she daren't put it to parliament because she know she would lose,that arithmetic is unquestionable.
However,there is going to have to be massive compromises if all are to be satisfied....May has to satisfy the EU.the Scots the 16 million remainers and the 17 million leavers,that is going to be some task...Brexit means Brexit but what does Brexit mean?
KudosDave

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: oldtom

Advertisers