Is there a governing body to report a rogue e bike trader/retailer to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
When we collected the OP's "faulty" bike (now with a very happy new owner) he didn't include the front wheel, saddle or saddle post. With his agreement we sent Tuffnells in (twice) to collect. Today Tuffnells have told us that they have been sent away being told there is nothing to collect.
I'm appalled by this man's behaviour David, ever since he received the new free upgrade bike it's been despicable and completely inexcusable.

Considering all the circumstances it's so irrational I honestly wonder if he isn't mentally ill.

jdallan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Just a little foot note...

When we collected the OP's "faulty" bike (now with a very happy new owner) he didn't include the front wheel, saddle or saddle post. With his agreement we sent Tuffnells in (twice) to collect. Today Tuffnells have told us that they have been sent away being told there is nothing to collect.

I assume this is an error on Tuffnells part. :rolleyes:

Kind regards, Gob Smacked of Sevenoaks!!
That is simply beyond comprehension! Maybe he's starting to collect parts for a build-your-own bike :(

Jim

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Sorry don't agree.

This thread, based on what we have been told, has panned out as one about a 'rogue consumer'. There have been other threads which I genuinely believe have been started by 'rogue consumers'.

If it had panned out as one about a rogue trader & the mods deleted it then many would be shouting that they had done so in their own interests.

I think it serves as a good example that we should have a healthy scepticism about some of the complaint threads we see on here.

I did say if BOTH sides agreed. From what David has reported back I very much withdraw my suggestion as I can not believe what I read. As a matter of principle I'd be going straight to the small claims court.

Here's a perfect example of bending over backwards to help someone out only to find he's holding a poker to.........................

I'm speechless.

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Just a little foot note...

I assume this is an error on Tuffnells part. :rolleyes:

Kind regards, Gob Smacked of Sevenoaks!!
FFS!

• Agree
Reactions: jdallan and EddiePJ

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
The bloke sounds like a complete crook!

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
  • :D
Reactions: chris_n

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Sent out a parcel 4 years ago,tracked it all the way,customer claims it turned up damaged and wants another one.....just seen it on e-bay,only used once,560 million miles on the clock,bit scratched but otherwise ok,buyer collects...,,,that's the trouble when you export,so easily scammed.... should I send another one?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Perhaps we should just stop posting on this thread. Some of the more recent comments by esteemed members are becoming close to libelous. We have had ample opportunity to come to our own conclusions and the OP has had an opportunity, had he wished to respond.

• Agree
Reactions: chris_n

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Sorry to have stired the hornets nest. I am sure there is a problem here deeper than I understand.

I won't follow this up. If the OP really wants the parts so badly he is welcome to them.

I agree with Danidl, let's call it a day on this one.

All the best, David

Status
Not open for further replies.