KT Lcd parameters.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I have the Q128C 201 in a 700c and on throttle I get smooth power with no hesitation, however sometimes with pas I get a hesitant power delivery from the hub. Give a bit of throttle and I over come this, so I'm wondering if the KT lcd P1 or P2 setting may be wrong for smooth pas activation.
P1 parameter goes up to 255 and is usually set by the number of hub magnets x the hub reduction ratio, all the Q's appear to have 16 magnets however not knowing the Q's reduction ratio I can only try and guess the ratio and input a P1 figure to see if it delivers smoother pas power. Will inputting a higher value P1 figure Be it wrong cause any issues ? I assume P2 is correct as I get a correct road speed reading of up to 19.6/8 mph.
Current P parameters are:
P1: 87
P2: 1 for wheel speed pulse signal per rotation, the max is 6 for this setting.
P3: 1 set for current control. 0 is for speed control.
P4: 0 set for throttle always active. 1 is for throttle activation only once pas is engaged.
P5: 12 set fro 36v.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

I doubt that it's the P1 parameter if you have smooth power throughout the throttle range. Changing it won't do any harm. You probably won't notice any difference, though at worst you'll get rough running at certain speeds.

Your problem is moe likely related to the gap between the pedal sensor and the magnet disc or the magnet disc is catching on something.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
O.k thanks d8veh,

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
I had the same symptom on a Panda conversion. Discovered that the two part PAS disc wasn't gripping the crank shaft very well. Every so often it would slip/stop so cutting power. Spaced it further from the BB and fitted a home made rubber grommet to give it some grip. Job done.

Reactions: harrys

Advertisers