Arrgghh why doesn't anyone make good thumb throtttles

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
They only ever last me 6 months. They are flimsy plastic rubbish. I ride in all weathers as a commutter on South coast

The rain and salty sea air just kills the springs inside.

Does anyone know of anyone making quality ones ? I have asked before but was a while back...

And, to preempt any questions , on my front hub driven, rear alfine commuter I always use throttle and not PAS. I like the feel of the independent 2wd. I have also tested and my feel of when I need power and how much results in lower battery usage even if I'm being lazy

Thank you

Frustrated of Shoreham by Sea

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
We have the Wuxing thumb throttle in stock but they are fitted with Julet 3-pin waterproof connector as fitted on the Big Bear

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
We have the Wuxing thumb throttle in stock but they are fitted with Julet 3-pin waterproof connector as fitted on the Big Bear

I've had wuxing throttles before but not design

Mine has to be mounted on the left which probably rules this one out ?

Not bothered by connectors. I always solder throttles directly

Thanks

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
We still have the collar type that you can mount to the left.

• Informative

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I've had wuxing throttles before but not design

Mine has to be mounted on the left which probably rules this one out ?

Not bothered by connectors. I always solder throttles directly

Thanks
The thumb throttle shown (Wuxing 108x) is available as a left and right hand version and IMO is the best thumb throttle that I know of.

• :D
Reactions: jarob10
D

Deleted member 4366

The first one Woosh showed is good. It's waterproof because the pivot hole is underneath. All the top bit where the electrics are is sealed.

• Informative

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I guess you do as , when searching ebay, I found one. And the seller had same username so it must be you ?!

Wanna PM me my pedelec discount ;)
Yeah, that's me. I can't believe it's taken this long for someone to realise. I've been doing online marketplace sales for over 20 months. At first it was just to make some cash after losing my job at the time, but I've kept it up and now it's actually my main source of income and has grown into something I'd never expected.

Margins aren't uniform across all lines, so discounts will vary, but I'll certainly always be able to do a 10% discount by making an off-marketplace sale.

• Informative

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Now that I've been 'outed', what's the Pedelecs policy on the matter? I've never actively promoted either my goods, or business here since I like having a non-trade account and the freedom it brings.

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Now that I've been 'outed', what's the Pedelecs policy on the matter? I've never actively promoted either my goods, or business here since I like having a non-trade account and the freedom it brings.
Think you'l be okay:-
If you are not a paid-up trade member of the forum you cannot use your logo or a product image (thereby raising brand awareness) for your avatar since this is unfair on paying trade members supporting the forum. However, we do encourage people to register their forum username as their actual trading/company names to aid transparency. If a company is not paying to support Pedelecs, then its products cannot be sold on the forum, nor added for information or promoted in any way. You may respond in a support capacity to technical queries but otherwise the user account should not be used to promote the company’s business in any way.
Best to read the whole section linked to be sure.

I'm using one of these at the mo. An improvement on the old bafang std thumb throttle. Again, you're welcome to look at mine next time you're passing. So long as you show me yours. Ooer! Well it is Brighton I guess [emoji51]

As you can see, I dress to the left too ;)

Last edited:

aardvark5

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 25, 2014
ST3 Blurton
I've had Cyclotricity throttles for over 4 years and use them every day with no problems. I use two bikes about 6 months each. They actually look like the ones in the Whoosh photograph in post #4. I also throttle ride just when I need it.

• Informative

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Sorry , didn't mean to "out" you .Bit unthinking of me to say least

Apologies