Training the dog

Sarabee

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2017
Lincolnshire
She's a hopeless gundog so maybe this is her thing. She is Miss Bossy Boots though. If I call hub and son to the dinner table, she rushes up to them and barks. If the cat tries to scratch the furniture she tells him off.
She would have made a terrific dog for the deaf.
I haven't taken my bike on the beach because the first bit of beach is very soft deep sand.
I'm thinking bigger battery, better bike in a year or so. My current bike is far too refined for roughing it, like me really. :D

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
What a lovely story about your dog keep up the good work that you are doing if my dog was better i would do the same once the football field and she done in and she wont move for ages she doesn't have high energy at all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sarabee

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2017
Lincolnshire
What a lovely story about your dog keep up the good work that you are doing if my dog was better i would do the same once the football field and she done in and she wont move for ages she doesn't have high energy at all

What kind of dog is she?

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
  • :D
Reactions: LeighPing

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
Just a little tip for you when you are with your dog in the winter months just make sure you swap to winter tyres with studs in because if you are going on the ice it soon can be over and you can be hurt quite badly

I have had it myself slipped on black ice and it cost me a 150 pound to repair the bike all together so it is just cheaper to have ice tyres to save the expensive some good winter tyres would cost you about 60 quid to get you through the winter

But it better then maybe a new bike or replacing stuff like I had to do because i had no choice to fix it

I had to have a new front brake and a new mud rear mud guard and a front guard too

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Pick you moment and get studded tyres in the sales, £25 quid a pair I paid for Scwalbe 700c and 26", though you need to be proactive and often look at the various online retailers.

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
I have had the personal experience with using the Schwalbe marathon winter tyres and i couldn't recommend them enough to someone is commuting in the winter months when the weather is not great and their is lots of ice around

One thing you will have to bear in mind when you are using Schwalbe marathon winter tyres is that you will lose studs when you are cycling
it is part and parcel of it all

i would much prefer to replace some studs then to replace some parts on my bike which would cost a lot more then some studs

For example when i have cycled in ice on a 25 miles commute the highest amount of studs i have lost was seven

Studs are easy to get hold of you can get them off the internet
https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/inner-tubes/schwalbe-replacement-aluminium-spikes-pack-of-50/

Not really bank account breaking news really £5 for 100 studs

Another thing you can do is buy the Schwalbe tool to help you put the stubs back in the tyre too which makes life more easier for yourself when you putting them in

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/50-spare-spikes-for-all-schwalbe-spire-tires-67807?currency=3&delivery_country=190&gclid=Cj0KEQjw2fLGBRDopP-vg7PLgvsBEiQAUOnIXJrQZwnCxtBAFmPpcg-vqqJqmJWCKQyQnk5PXqROgJAaAsNP8P8HAQ

if you spray some lubricant into the hole where the stub has come out it does help to get the new stub in the tyre and seated properly inside the tyre
it does take some practice but you will soon get the hang of it i am sure.

The only advice i can give you is make sure you run your tyres at about "65PSI" which is recommend from Schwalbe them selfs and check your
studs regular so that it would stop you slipping on the ice

i have rode on a lot of ice during the winter i am confident riding on it
when ever now because i know the studs will grip the road with no
problems it was defiantly worth the investment in buying stud tyres
for the winter

i was very lucky to have to set of wheels a summer set and winter set so i have one for the winter weather and one set for the summer weather to save me swapping tyres over all the time

just thought i would warn you sometimes the Schwalbe winter marathon
can be a bit of nightmare to get on the rim because they are tight but it
does depend on your rims too.

Advertisers