BBS02 750w, 100 miles on...

jaydeeuk1

Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2014
... and loving it. The difference between my old hub based legal 250w bike is night and day.

So far had no issues (other than chain coming off once when changing too many gears at a time under power) nor have I had to adjust anything yet. I'm a fair weather cyclist but have managed to bike it to work at least 3 times a week so far.

It will conquer any hill, let me arrive at work in a decent state and best of all I feel much safer being able to keep up with traffic at 30mph (think having a decent 30q battery helps), no more having to ride almost in the gutter dodging drain covers.

Most of the 'serious' lycra cyclists take it in good humour when I shout 'morning chaps' as I blast past them up the a6. I still get a good work out as I like to travel at top speed in highest gear, and I now have a decent routing for changing gear (haven't bothered with a gear or brake sensor), so I stop pedellaing, wait 1/4s, change gear and then blip the throttle, let it engage and then pedal / will full throttle, seems nice and smooth.

Might get the wife on board with a BBSHD.

Shame the laws are so restrictive, although I guess the Govt and oil companies would lose huge amounts of cash if people were able to ditch their cars.

D

Deleted member 4366

Be careful with those lycra guys. it only takes one to get annoyed that you're going so fast when he can't. He reports you, and the feds will be waiting to have a word with you.

• Agree
Reactions: D8ve