Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Today I rode to work. Got up to my office and switched my PC on. One of my colleagues enquired about my presence. Something the rang a bell in the back of my mind as it was my first day back from a long weekend down in Dorset. Sure enough, I was rota's for a day off. Result! :)

I was offered a shift change and to stay, but declined as it was too nice a day. Was home by 8:50am, changed, and out on my bike :cool: Did 21 miles this morning and 20 miles this afternoon. Ended up past Beachy Head - first time up and over without stopping:

Momentary stop at the triangulation point:

Then got to this bit, which I'd not paid any attention to before:

Which is the point where a lot of people choose they've had enough of this mortal coil. Which then got me to thinking about the good people of Manchester and the poor souls who didn't get a choice yesterday. So I took a moment out of of an otherwise happy day's cycling to spare a thought for anyone affected by the atrocious events of yesterday :(

Gaz

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

i wonder if you could fit 2 batts in that bike? as it sure looks wide enough from that angle.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Not fair... road bike it has been this week, but can't wait until tomorrow when mines back, at work until saturday morning, so sunday is my next day out.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Today’s little ride of 52 miles with 6,441ft of elevation gain was kind of a try out for the Swiss trip. I wanted to see how the new handlebar and stem set up would work under a proper test, and also how carrying 5kg of weight in the Camelbak would pan out, in respect of my neck and back. 5Kg being the weight of the spare battery, 3litres of water, and tools and equipment.

I couldn’t have asked for more. The handlebar and stem set up was perfect, and this included a couple of intentionally steep climbs. As for the neck pain, It was all pretty good. I suffered slightly whilst having some grub afterwards, but even then, putting into practice a few yoga stretches, quickly had that sorted as well.

The weather was pretty mixed, with sunshine to begin with, quickly followed by thunder, lightning and heavy rain, then back to sunshine and cloud, with some very strong wind. All in all a pretty good morning ride.

More photos on FB. https://www.facebook.com/edwardpeterjefferies/

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
What a brilliant day you must have had.
Were you joined by others or were those peeps just out for a ride ?
Get mine back tomorrow, but won't be doing the miles you've done today, it'll just be a pop about to see if all is well.
Dom

Reactions: EddiePJ

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you did that with 1 batt or 2 ?

Related Articles

Advertisers