Very disappointing start....

ScottA

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 6, 2017
Essex
Sadly the OP instead of shouting from the roof top should have just quietly contacted Woosh arranged for the bike to be looked at being local to them, then come and shout from the roof top. Then he could have praised the CS, new bikes will have small niggles that are easily sorted.
Don't forget when you visit tomorrow to take a bag of doughnuts with you, then if you are on best behaviour you might get a cup of tea as well.
They dont owe me the donuts for not picking it up through pre delivery test then? :p:)

To be fair they offered plenty of tea and coffee - which they make a decent cup of :)

Last edited:

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
thank you TM.
It's amazing that something as important as gears has not benefited from the digital revolution and still rely on cable and thumb screws.
Doesn't the Shimano system offer electronic shifting as a very expensive option?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
yes, the Shimano DI2 is priced for rich people. I would have thought that as derailleurs are made in hundreds of millions a year, someone should really have come up with a hydraulic or electro-mechanical solution to get rid of the flex in the gearshift cable which remains a nuisance to more and more users in the digital age.

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Woosh, was that a tongue in cheek comment about about electro mechanical solutions? Only I'd literally just be looking at stuff on the SRAM Red etap, which seems to fit the bill (if not the wallet!).

Gaz

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
I like the review of etap. Being wireless it would be more robust for MTB, no wires or cables to get damaged in crash. I suspect we will see it on their MTB equipment in near future.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

ScottA

Jun 6, 2017
Essex
Just popped in to Woosh at lunch time.

Was greeted by a lady with opening line "I know who you are - you're the bloke who rubbished us on the forum!".

I said I apologise if she felt that but I hoped she could understand my frustration having just spent a grand on a new bike (I have actually been pretty positive elsewhere in this thread!)

In fact that was the only apology made - by me.

Not one sorry you're having problems, just massive concern about other people hearing about them. Not very professional.

Nothing was obvious on the test frame so one of the guys took it for a test ride and said he could feel the vibration through the crank but it was normal with electric bikes. I tried the demonstrator again and there was the tinniest (and I mean tiny) hint of it but nothing like mine.

Anyway the final solution offered was it is likely to be chain or gear set and I was told to keep using the bike until it gets worse then they can find the problem and fix it.

I've read the refund policy and this would seem to be a minor fault for which they only offer 90% refund in this case.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Was greeted by a lady
that's Hatti, the boss.

I could not find anything wrong on the bike stand. Danny rode the bike around the block, could not find anything wrong either.
Basically, Scott found that there are vibrations coming from the rear at certain speed. Nothing slips, just some vibrations through the chain and to his pedals. It's not the gearshift. It's not noise.

Any idea?

basicasic

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2017
Amsterdam
Just popped in to Woosh at lunch time.

Was greeted by a lady with opening line "I know who you are - you're the bloke who rubbished us on the forum!".

I said I apologise if she felt that but I hoped she could understand my frustration having just spent a grand on a new bike (I have actually been pretty positive elsewhere in this thread!)

In fact that was the only apology made - by me.

Not one sorry you're having problems, just massive concern about other people hearing about them. Not very professional.

Nothing was obvious on the test frame so one of the guys took it for a test ride and said he could feel the vibration through the crank but it was normal with electric bikes. I tried the demonstrator again and there was the tinniest (and I mean tiny) hint of it but nothing like mine.

Anyway the final solution offered was it is likely to be chain or gear set and I was told to keep using the bike until it gets worse then they can find the problem and fix it.

I've read the refund policy and this would seem to be a minor fault for which they only offer 90% refund in this case.
Why bring it up on the forum at all? You hadn't had the bike a day. The first thing you should have done is contact them with your concerns and ask them to remedy it. If their response wasn't satisfactory or you were dissatisfied with the result THEN raise it on the forum.

Problems happen with even the most expensive items. It's how the supplier deals with it that is important. By all means shout it from the rooftops if they don't sort things out ..... but give them a chance first!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The problem is we don't know what kind of vibration we are looking for until it becomes more obvious.
Scott only lives 5 minutes away from our shop. That's why I suggested he pops back when it is more obvious.

• Agree
Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Jun 6, 2017
Essex
I really do appreciate you looking at the bike today - I also appreciate it's a difficult thing to detect/deal with. As I've said above I DO (honestly!) love the bike.

I do also, however, accept my initial post wasn't necessarily my finest hour so in the interests of all concerned (and also because Hatti is frankly a bit scary! - joke before anyone starts) can I please ask a moderator to delete this thread.

Full charge tonight and ride to Benfleet via Vicarage Hill tomorrow and see how we go.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I really do appreciate you looking at the bike today - I also appreciate it's a difficult thing to detect/deal with. As I've said above I DO (honestly!) love the bike.

I do also, however, accept my initial post wasn't necessarily my finest hour so in the interests of all concerned (and also because Hatti is frankly a bit scary! - joke before anyone starts) can I please ask a moderator to delete this thread.

Full charge tonight and ride to Benfleet via Vicarage Hill tomorrow and see how we go.
There's nothing wrong with your OP, and deleting the thread would be the worst form of censorship.

Chinese ebikes around this price do routinely suffer from niggly faults which you would be less likely to get on a dearer bike.

Your OP - and the supplier's efforts to fix the problem - is informative.

Anyone who offers even the mildest criticism of a woosh bike on this forum is made to feel like the man who shot Bambi.

That's also informative, but in a different way.

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Anyone who offers even the mildest criticism of a woosh bike on this forum is made to feel like the man who shot Bambi.
Woosh shot Bambi?? :eek::eek:

Noo-oooooooo!! :(:(:(

fatwomble

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2017
Southampton / Winchester

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
  • :D
Reactions: Gaz

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
:eek: Not happy how this has gone at all, no mention what so ever of whether the Woosh boys and Hatti ever got their doughnut apart from the one who turned up with the bike :oops::p.

• :D
Reactions: Gaz

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i think all these ebike dealers need to pull the finger out there ass and get some decent bike tech courses done as they are all fkn useless when it comes to that side of things and they even do ebike courses as well tho full training would be about 5k.

but then you could service any bike if you had all the tools as well ;)