Mirrors

richardg6paj

Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Messingham
Just a quickie, can anyone recommend a quality pair of rear view mirrors.
Trying to set my e-bike up like my motorbike and at the moment I'm missing mirrors and indicators.
My bike is a Woosh Rio FB

TZC

Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2014
My bike is a Woosh Rio FB
forgive me for this semi off topic post I am considering getting one of those in future - I wonder if you would be willing to post your opinions about it at some point, I guess you haven't had it that long right now. I'd like to go see one but it's difficult.

On topic, I have one of these:
https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Zefal-Dooback-Mirror_42281.htm?sku=107617&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KEQjwwLHLBRDEq9DQxK2I_p8BEiQA3UDVDjaH-Rq74yvwSd0R_nJ1LOCAEaxnT1_c7dfc-4Or8RkaAo6G8P8HAQ

It's done me alright, but not saying it's better than the choice of d8veh :)

D

Deleted member 4366

The mirror's OK, but the folding on the Cyclops is really good. you tuck it under the bars where it won't be noticed when you park at Tescos or in the shopping centre, otherwise people rip them out and use them on their own bikes.

The folding is also good to get your bike through narrow gates or doors. If you don't have either of those problems, you don't need the folding feature.

TZC

Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2014
Yeah the one I posted only folds inward- so not as discreet. For a couple of quid extra you may as well get the stealthy one, if you're concerned about it getting pinched :)

Reactions: richardg6paj

richardg6paj

Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Messingham
forgive me for this semi off topic post I am considering getting one of those in future - I wonder if you would be willing to post your opinions about it at some point, I guess you haven't had it that long right now. I'd like to go see one but it's difficult.

On topic, I have one of these:
https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Zefal-Dooback-Mirror_42281.htm?sku=107617&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KEQjwwLHLBRDEq9DQxK2I_p8BEiQA3UDVDjaH-Rq74yvwSd0R_nJ1LOCAEaxnT1_c7dfc-4Or8RkaAo6G8P8HAQ

It's done me alright, but not saying it's better than the choice of d8veh :)
I've had the RIO (FB) for about a fortnight. I'm impressed with its performance and build. I had a problem initially with the chain falling off the front sprocket in first gear, which is now solved with the help of Andy from Woosh. I'm not an authority on electric bikes, but as a nooby, I'm thrilled to bits with it so far. The seat is crap, must get a better seat. :)

Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
D

Deleted member 4366

It's a neat item at first glance. But I still prefer wing mirrors. Hence why I ordered the pair in my previous post.
I hope they work, but I've got a feeling that you're going to be disappointed. I tried longer ones than those, but I couldn't see a thing. You need one that goes outside the handlebars to see past yourself, though I guess it depends how long your bars are. Let us know how you get on. At least they look pretty neat.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I hope they work, but I've got a feeling that you're going to be disappointed. I tried longer ones than those, but I couldn't see a thing. You need one that goes outside the handlebars to see past yourself, though I guess it depends how long your bars are. Let us know how you get on. At least they look pretty neat.
You could well be right Dave. But they seem to have a longish 'throw'. I just need to find a space for one on the right side somewhere.

s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: Espadryl

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
I've just received mine. I've not really used it yet (I knew that there was something I had to do today). :oops:

It's a neat item at first glance. But I still prefer wing mirrors. Hence why I ordered the pair in my previous post.
Yes, I also prefer wing mirrors but most of all the mirror needs to be made of glass material.

MS.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
b+m here... I have managed to break the metal bit but not the glass!

richardg6paj

Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Messingham
All good stuff, now what about indicators, yes I could stick my hand out but that's so last century. I can't find a decent set for a bike, they all look like fairy lights. Needs to be super bright LED's and self-powered me thinks.