De-limit Carrera Crossfire

Tim58

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 9, 2017
Inverness
Hi folks . . I have been playing with the controller on my Carrera Crossfire and when I hold in buttons 1 and 2 (see my file uploaded) the screen displays simply a big '1' and I can then use the '+' and '-" to toggle up and down to '2', '3', & '4'. Pressing the left hand side of button '3' returns me to the normal screen.

What are these 4 settings. Is it some form of de-limitation? Drat it won't let me upload.
Button '1' is the very bottom RHS wide button.
Button '2' is the top LHS button - the '+'
Button '3' is the LHS of the information button 'i' on the right. I will try and upload this picture in another format.

Last edited:
Reactions: egroover

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Could be torque or a speed mode setting who know's ? Any info in the manual ? If it were my bike I would change the setting to 2 or 3, if you do so tell us what happens when you ride it and find a gradient. You can always set it back to one.

Tim58

Aug 9, 2017
Inverness
Could be torque or a speed mode setting who know's ? Any info in the manual ? If it were my bike I would change the setting to 2 or 3, if you do so tell us what happens when you ride it and find a gradient. You can always set it back to one.
Thanks yes I will try that tomorrow and post back here. . .

Tim58

Aug 9, 2017
Inverness
I have managed to change my profile to the picture I was trying to upload. Showing the 3 buttons I am referring to . .

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
/subscribes to thread :)

D

Deleted member 4366

Could be a password. See what happens when you select 1.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Did we have an update on this ?

I see someone else has been having cutout problems with this bike. Quite glad I did not go for one in the end.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Messiah866

Just Joined
Aug 13, 2017
London
I tried going from setting '1' to '4' and nothing seemed to change I'm afraid!
Not sure what the 4 settings are at all.
Hi guys,

it looks like these settings have only something to do with the preset brightness of the display.
For example if you switch to setting "2" the brightness is reduced and the little bulb appears on the display. It stays there even if you switch of the display.

• Informative
Reactions: Wheel-E

Advertisers