What's the Q128C like at low speeds?

D

Deleted member 4366

Do you want to sell it?
It's on a bike. I'll sell the whole thing when I sort out some minor things on it, which I'll do when I get one of those round tuits. I have one somewhere, but I can't find it.

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
There's 4 versions so you pick the one that suits your needs:

• 36V 201 rpm. It'll do about 19 mph flat out, but is quite efficient at climbing. At 48v, it gives speeds in the mid 20s, has good climbing power, but might lack the efficiency needed for long steep climbs.
  • 48v 201 rpm is the ultimate climber. It has good torque and efficiency, but 19mph maximum, which will drop to 15 mph when the battery runs down.
  • 36v 328 rpm. If you don't weigh too much so you can get away with less power, this one will get you into the mid 20s, but with 33% less torque than the 48v one at the same current.
  • 48v 328 rpm. I'm not sure if this one is different to the 36v 201 rpm one. It might well be identical but I haven't tried it.
The Q128H has a slight bigger rotor and stator, so can handle a bit more power than the Q128C.
I ordered a Q128H 36V 201 rpm yesterday from BMSBattery, which I plan to run mostly at 36V

If I had bought the 48V 201 rpm, what would be its performance on a 36V 14A controller?. Would its max rpm scale down to 150 rpm?

D

Deleted member 4366

I ordered a Q128H 36V 201 rpm yesterday from BMSBattery, which I plan to run mostly at 36V

If I had bought the 48V 201 rpm, what would be its performance on a 36V 14A controller?. Would its max rpm scale down to 150 rpm?
Yes. It would be too slow for most people, though it would be great in the Alps.

Reactions: harrys

NJS

Pedelecer
Oct 14, 2017
Uk
I ordered my Q128H from BMS Battery on the 8th November and they took the money.

On the 9th November they contacted me by email to say that their order processing mechanism had under charged me; that due to the inclusion of a 26" rim in the order, they would need to charge me an extra $89. They suggested that I allow them to exclude the rim from the order. I replied to the email accepting that proposal.

When 2 days later I had no acknowledgement, and there was no change on the order status page I repeated my acceptance via a message to that page.

Now 10 days later, and I've had no acknowledgement from them; there has been no change to the status; it still shows "Waiting for sending", which it attained on the 9th November.

I've asked if I should cancel and replace the order; I asked how I should go about cancelling the order; and asked for just some acknowledgement that the order is progressing.

So, I'm £200 out of pocket and a totally unresponsive supplier. What are my options?

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
1) Thanks for the answer, d8veh, about the motor speeds..

2) FYI to NJS, I ordered a Q128H on 11/10.. I also got an email last monday from Wendy asking to change the order slightly. I replied OK and she acknowledged my OK with a second email. .A third email said the order had been validated. Web page says it shipped. So you might want to resend that email, rather than relying on the website,

D

Deleted member 4366

You have to remember that they don't speak English. If you send any communication, it should be in simple three or four word sentences with simple words so that Google translate can't get it wrong.

NJS

Pedelecer
Oct 14, 2017
Uk
You have to remember that they don't speak English. If you send any communication, it should be in simple three or four word sentences with simple words so that Google translate can't get it wrong.

I don't think I broke the "Short communications, simple English" rule did I?

NJS
11/16/2017 14:47:45 Could I please get some feedback as to what is happening with my order?

NJS

11/15/2017 11:37:03 Hello?

Should I cancel this order?

NJS
11/14/2017 06:56:21 Hi?

Is there some (further) problem preventing shipping?

NJS
11/11/2017 01:49:50 Yes, please omit the rim from the order, but also change the quantity of the spokes from 7 to 8. Ie Make the order 8x5=40 instead of 7x5=35.

YueLan Yang
11/09/2017 20:38:20 hello ,
sorry to bother you about your order ,
the freight is not enough that you pay because of big wheel .you need to pay extra $89 again ,it is more expensive for you ,i suggest you to remove the wheel from order ,you don't pay extra freight to us .we will send your order without wheel by DHL ,is ok ?

NJS

11/08/2017 16:53:57 No tracking number?

NJS

Pedelecer
Oct 14, 2017
Uk
Any other tips or suggestions?

Seems to be nothing I can do if the won't respond to any communication.

Wishing I bought the XD2 now!

D

Deleted member 4366

What I've found with BMSB is that everything happens smoothly as long as there's no query. If there's a query, the order seems to always end up in no mans land.

The problem with the increase in number of spokes is that you won't have paid enough, which will cause a delay, while you and they sort out how to pay the difference.

What I've written below is to help anybody else that reads it, so please don't think that I'm having a go at you. I'm being pedantic and trying to show how to make a clear communication that won't be misinterpreted. Maybe they understood you OK

I don't think I broke the "Short communications, simple English" rule did I?

1.NJS
11/16/2017 14:47:45 Could I please get some feedback as to what is happening with my order?

2.NJS

11/15/2017 11:37:03 Hello?

Should I cancel this order?

3.NJS
11/14/2017 06:56:21 Hi?

Is there some (further) problem preventing shipping?

4.NJS
11/11/2017 01:49:50 Yes, please omit the rim from the order, but also change the quantity of the spokes from 7 to 8. Ie Make the order 8x5=40 instead of 7x5=35.

5.NJS
11/08/2017 16:53:57 No tracking number?
1. You know what feedback means, but a dictionary gives several meanings. Why not "Where is my order? " "Has it been shipped?"

2. What would be a logical answer to that question - yes or no?

3. " Why order not shipped?"

4. Even I struggled to understand that until I'd read it a couple of times. "Ie" doesn't mean anything in English, so a Chinese guy has no chance. Even if you used the correct "i.e.", would a Chinese guy know what that means?

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/le#Etymology

Please change my order

from

Qty 7 - 5 pcs 13G Stainless Steel Spoke with a Brass Nipple
Qty 1 - double wall aluminium rim

to

Qty 8 - 5 pcs 13G Stainless Steel Spoke with a Brass Nipple
Qty 0 - double wall aluminium rim

5. Please send me the tracking number

Reactions: Spaceystud

NJS

Pedelecer
Oct 14, 2017
Uk
The problem with the increase in number of spokes is that you won't have paid enough, which will cause a delay, while you and they sort out how to pay the difference.
Since I was accepting that the rim was to be removed from the order (£6.93) and an extra 5 spokes was £0.77, and I'd forget the difference...

If there's a query, the order seems to always end up in no mans land.
Is there any way to get it out of noman's land? Or cancel it and get the money back?

Or should I just write the money off and forget the idea of having an e-bike?

(Incidentally; why does this thread no longer show up in the active thread?)

Last edited:

NJS

Pedelecer
Oct 14, 2017
Uk
Have you tried the live chat option?
Just tried that. (It was always offline when I've looked before.)

I entered my details on the entry screen and simply got a screen, blank except for the text: "Thank you! We will get in touch with you soon.".

D

Deleted member 4366

The main thing is that what you paid does not tie up with what you ordered, so somebody has to sort out the mess, and he/she is probably off sick.

If nothing happens, go to Paypal and start a dispute. You'll get a reply the next day. I've had to use that method even though they know me and I've placed more than 30 orders with them and I sent them an email saying that if they didn't reply within 2 days I'd file the dispute. Only use it as a last resort though because it gives them some difficulties.

I'd send one more message, "Please tell me why my order is not sent. If you do not tell me, I will make a Paypal dispute", then give them 48 hrs.

NJS

Pedelecer
Oct 14, 2017
Uk
The main thing is that what you paid does not tie up with what you ordered, so somebody has to sort out the mess, and he/she is probably off sick.

If nothing happens, go to Paypal and start a dispute. You'll get a reply the next day. I've had to use that method even though they know me and I've placed more than 30 orders with them and I sent them an email saying that if they didn't reply within 2 days I'd file the dispute. Only use it as a last resort though because it gives them some difficulties.

I'd send one more message, "Please tell me why my order is not sent. If you do not tell me, I will make a Paypal dispute", then give them 48 hrs.
Is there any other source of Q128H motors?