I have sat on the sidelines and learnt alot

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Hi

Is there a cure for this ebike bug as I have now completed my third build ,one front hub and two bafang mid drives and the symptoms persist more range and what will happen if I just change this or can I upgrade that.
Build 2 specialized 29er 350w now for sale and the new build 3 250w mid drive with 27.5 ah triangle battery and alfine 8 ready for it first long trip and build one back in bits in the garage loft
thanks Peter

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
do post some pictures.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Welcome to the builders club! I hope you are a rider too!

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Welcome Pete, always room for another builder here. nice neat build on the Specialized. I thought i had a problem with tabacco and alchol until I got into ebikes a couple of years ago. Think you are gonna need a saddle graft to run that battery flat:D

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
I have got a ism comfort horse shoe thing but cannot get over the strange look will put pictures of the new beast on soon based on a charge 29er ss the battery box fills the whole triangle of the xl frame:eek:. it looks like it might have escaped from the mad max film seto_O

Reactions: Woosh

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
That is one seriously unstealthy bike. Loving the bling frame, did you have it chromed yourself?. I'm guessing you're not going to be leaving it parked unattended anywhere?

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
hi
no you cannot miss it started as a charge cooker 29er single speed they only made them for a short while it is polished steel and varnished it still has original stickers it is horrible to keep clean . only ridden and never left un attended

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
hi
changed the display today to colour and fitted flat pedals. I had forgotten how much the difference the 36v high current motor makes great offroad ride today :D put the laptop on it the basic program was 18 amps and 60%

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
H I Bg
The battery is 27.7 amp hours tri angle pack I have still not found its max range yet, it seems to run and run ,I am going to swap the battery for a smaller 20ah one and fit this battery to another build

Reactions: BG bicycle

BG bicycle

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2018
Bulgaria
H I Bg
The battery is 27.7 amp hours tri angle pack I have still not found its max range yet, it seems to run and run ,I am going to swap the battery for a smaller 20ah one and fit this battery to another build
I started with 16ah and found disruptive voltage sag appeared after 25Km. I then increased to a 25Ah battery and rebuilt the battery again to its final 11p10s, 35.2Ah configuration using LG MH1 batteries. At 15-20kmh the power just never drops.

Keep us all in the loop with the second build.