What Is The Main Purpose Of Pedelecs ?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The time has come to bring the Brexit thread to an end i propose - how about a poll on that, see what everyone thinks?
No that time hasn't come, freedom of speech is more important.

If you don't like the subject, don't enter it, simple. It's clearly titled and in a forum separate from the e-biking ones so why are you looking at it if you don't like it? Masochism?

Anyway the administrators are unlikely to shut down large volume site traffic just because some want to censor.

A reminder since I assume anyone coming online can read, here's the heading of the forum in question:

The Charging Post
A place to recharge your batteries, meet new friends and talk about things not specifically related to electric bikes.

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ
D

Deleted member 4366

in the last 1000, yes one thousand posts there was only seven non Brexit posts by one and zero by the other.

Maybe i`m being paranoid but you`d have to question their motives.
It's great to see someone that shares the same insight as myself. That's my point. I would like to rout out those that are only here to try and indoctrinate members with their political agendas. I'm not against anyone making occasional political comments, but when someone has 8000 posts where 99.9% of them are nothing to do with electric bikes, one should ask what they're doing here.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
when someone has 8000 posts where 99.9% of them are nothing to do with electric bikes, one should ask what they're doing here.
They're posting in a forum that's not for the e-bike subject, so their presence and posting is still appropriate. And with reference to indoctrination, 80% of the members are in the second half of life so are mature enough to look after themselves without self appointed policemen acting for them.

And the earlier accusation that the main person referred to never posts about pedelecs is untrue. He's been a member since 2013 and was already a long term e-biker back then owning two e-bikes and just about to buy a third. Here's just some of his pedelec posting examples over the years:

One page of posts on this link

and three pages of posts on this link

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

And the earlier accusation that the main person referred to never posts about pedelecs is untrue.
You took that out of context. To quote exactly, "more or less never"!

I'll leave it to you to argue whether the 99.9% I mentioned is actually 99.8%.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You took that out of context. To quote exactly, "more or less never"!

I'll leave it to you to argue whether the 99.9% I mentioned is actually 99.8%.
In quantity of posts I agree, but for three years he only posted about pedelecs until mid 2016 and the referendum.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
You took that out of context.

Funny how you always manage to say that when things aren't going the way that you would like.

Also, it's ridiculous that the guy with the third most posts in our forum has more or less never posted anything about electric bikes. That's confusing for new members, as they use that list to send private messages about the bike problems they have, but he can't reply because he hasn't a clue about them.
Where is your proof for making the above statement? It is pretty laughable that you would even begin to believe that new forum members contact other forum members based upon post count. :rolleyes::D

I see nothing wrong with the Brexit thread, and no one is forcing you or anyone else to look at it.

Last edited:

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
You have ignored this fact ,

`I did a post count of those two prominent `contributors` in the Brexit thread a couple of weeks ago - in the last 1000, yes one thousand posts there was only seven non Brexit posts by one and zero by the other.`

are you telling us this is normal?!

Most every forum i frequent has a strict policy of zero tolerance when it comes to Racist, Religious, and or Political posts.

If one joins say a Classic Car forum you speak about and ask questions on classic cars, not to use it for a year and a half continually promoting ones political agenda and foisting it on others in the nastiest way possible.

99.99% of forum members here have an obvious interest in all things pertaining to ebikes, they have the good manners not to spend it hourly and daily in some corner ranting their political agenda.

This forum is in need of some serious moderation.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
99.99% of forum members here have an obvious interest in all things pertaining to ebikes, they have the good manners not to spend it hourly and daily in some corner ranting their political agenda.
Très drôle :)

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

This forum is in need of some serious moderation.
Be careful what you wish for, you might find your Ireland North versus South posts censored since they are overtly political. :)

And you make them in the Brexit thread. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 4366

Funny how you always manage to say that when things aren't going the way that you would like.
I can't help it that people do that to me. Look at the example above!

Where is your proof for making the above statement? It is pretty laughable that you would even begin to believe that new forum members contact other forum members based upon post count. :rolleyes::D
I can assure you that it's absolutely true. I'm sure that Flecc will back me up because I've seen his name on at least one of the list of recipients. I'm not going to look through my thousands of private messages to find examples because (A) I have better things to do with my time and (B) They're private messages!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The moment the forum returned to service after upgrade the first three new posts were in the Brexit thread, this Main Purpose of Pedelecs thread and a contentious one about e-bike insurance.

That's obviously where demand is and what helps make the forum self supporting financially to benefit all e-bikers.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
For what its worth, here,s my 2 cents worth.
The Brexit thread is certainly not intrinsically wrong. Its generated loads of traffic , kept many entertained and even the naysayers still have to call in for a look at today,s " argument; insult or idoctination attempt".
The problem to my mind is two fold.
A) The tolerance by mods of insult,, put down and down right bad taste references. ( Thought a new low was reached when a certain member compared Queen to Myra Hindley, not sure what that has to do with Brexit, but it links to my second point.)
B) At times the thread is merely an outpost for AAV ( or whatever it is) and other loony left media extremist rantings.
Expressing opinions on anything is absolutely fine...hijacking sections of a forum, insulting opposing views and then using forum to soap box your own indoctrinations should not be tolerated.
Just for record without flecc ( and Woosh) that thread would have deteriorated even lower. It seems to me some ( including those two) can have civilised discussion with opposing views and agree to disagree. For some on that thread this quality is missing.
Mods should delete and sin bin offending posts, posters. ( Calling all leavers racists, all Tories scum etc etc has no place on forum in any section)
I also suspect there are dual identity posters prevalent on the thread. Mods could stop that.
If there were a poll, I,d vote to close thread.

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Tom has made very many posts about pedelecs over a three year period, and has owned three e-bikes.
Does that justify his comments and attempts at indoctrination flecc ? ( From Tom "Troll" is almost a compliment..)

• Disagree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
C`mon Flecc, don`t defend the indefensible,

let us all know how many in the past year and a half please, ie since Brexit came along?
Still counting!

I just posted to balance any impression that Tom doesn't post about e-biking or have any interest in it.

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Does that justify his comments and attempts at indoctrination flecc ? ( From Tom "Troll" is almost a compliment..)
As I previously posted, indoctrination doesn't work in a forum where 80% of members are in the second half of life with fully formed minds.

I do agree though that calling all Leavers racists is unacceptable. There must be at least one or two who aren't.

• Agree

Advertisers