Site update

HelenJ

Administrator
Staff member
May 19, 2011
Morning everyone

Just to let you know that we are updating the software Pedelecs uses for the forum. This will mean some downtime which we will do our best to keep to a minimum.

Thanks,
Helen

Reactions: oyster

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Nice, clean, readable! So far so good.

I had a issue with the page jumping up and down in the brexit thread: Chrome (latest version) on Linux (Fedora, latest version).

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
my browser (Google Chrome) keeps asking me to accept cookie each time I visit the site.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
W10 keeps asking for cookie accept.
One thing I think may have improved is the Green pop up box that kept asking me to choose my ideal ebike.
I like the new fresher view, not overly different but a nice change.

Last edited:

HelenJ

Administrator
Staff member
May 19, 2011
Morning all and thanks for the feedback.. we'll be trying to iron out any oddities over the next few days, so please continue to let us know anything you think we need to look at.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I spoke to soon the green pop up is back :(.
Is there any way to disable it as it gets a bit tedious every time I enter the site or change sub forums.

JPGiant

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire
In previous version, I accessed the site, then clicked:

Forums drop-down arrow – New posts – Hovered over new post title to view content in a pre-view box.

The pre-view box is no longer available.

I use Microsoft Windows Edge browser.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
I spoke to soon the green pop up is back :(.
Is there any way to disable it as it gets a bit tedious every time I enter the site or change sub forums.
I've disabled it. The bike directory it promotes has been split off into a separate site that will go live shortly.

Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I've disabled it. The bike directory it promotes has been split off into a separate site that will go live shortly.
Excellent seems to be working, keep up the good work.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
When re-entering Firefox kept blocking the site as not being secure, otherwise all fine.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
When re-entering Firefox kept blocking the site as not being secure, otherwise all fine.
There is another bigger change we are working on at the moment and part of that is the switch over to https:, so those messages will disappear.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
There is another bigger change we are working on at the moment and part of that is the switch over to https:, so those messages will disappear.
Ahh ... yes, one of the things I was just going to ask was "shouldn't the login/password section as a minimum be secured" ?

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Ahh ... yes, one of the things I was just going to ask was "shouldn't the login/password section as a minimum be secured" ?
Yes that will be covered by the update.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I just changed the password into a new unique one for here.

Advertisers