soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Now I have a little time to type,
OK so here's what I do with a cheep cage,some polymorph and a little imagination ;)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Using a hot blade I melt 2 slots (wide enough for Velcro straps) through the sides of the cage and then shap my polymorph through these slots and around any curved object ( an old air freshener works well)
When cool I Superglue a rubber strip (old inner tube) to the inside face of the newly shaped polymorph.
Two Velcro straps holds my cage and bottle in place on my top tube well enough on my prefered trails :cool:
(Polymorph is a thermal plastic that you can soften in boiling water and shape by hand also while it's playable it fuses to itself.)

• Informative
Reactions: Nealh and Woosh

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I think that if all you lot got together you could probably make an electric bike out of an old washing machine a toilet roll holder and a couple of empty ice cream tubs! But I am not so skilled ... wish I was.. no matter how simple and effective solutions like this seem, I am an off the shelf sort of guy. My bits are in the post.....

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Polymorph !!!
I thought he was Tony Hart's play dough man.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Old electric wheelchair, sign makers ally sheet and a scrap rowing machine
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Not forgetting ladder sides for bumpers

Reactions: Nealh

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
The R-M Delite uses a cageless water bottle and it only costs £9000! (The bike, not the bottle)
it was looking at the RM supercharger with its itegral bottle mount that gave me the idea of a cageless bottle f Not sure where you have seen the £9000 tho.. thought it was about £4500. I thought the supercharger with 2 batteries and Rholof was their top bike at aroung 6K

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
It's a beauty, no doubt about it. I'm not sure why I decided against it.
What the supercharger?
My points of interest are..
1000w integrated battery.
No fs bearings to service.
Factory fitted lights, rack and mudguard.
Rholof gears.
Carbon belt option.
And I think it probably the best looking bike I have seen.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the two batteries on the Supercharger look like Dorado batteries.

If you need 1000WH battery, you could have one on the downtube and one on the rear rack with off the shelf components.

Dorado battery (like on the Woosh Rio MTB):

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
the two batteries on the Supercharger look like Dorado batteries.

If you need 1000WH battery, you could have one on the downtube and one on the rear rack with off the shelf components.

Dorado battery (like on the Woosh Rio MTB):

It's not so much need as want! If we include the unique RM water bottle mount this bike ticks all of my boxes all in one pretty package.
Unfortunately it's not available from local bike shops, I don't want to buy online and no other manufacturer has anything similar that I can find.
Next purchase has been put back to next year by which time who knows what will be on offer..

Steve Bowles

Pedelecer
Mar 23, 2018
St Leonards, England
It's not so much need as want! If we include the unique RM water bottle mount this bike ticks all of my boxes all in one pretty package.
Unfortunately it's not available from local bike shops, I don't want to buy online and no other manufacturer has anything similar that I can find.
Next purchase has been put back to next year by which time who knows what will be on offer..
You can go to the www.r-m.de website and configure it exactly as you want. You can then see a list of dealers to whom you can give the configuration code and they will take care of everything. I think I decided against it because I thought it was "too much" bike for my first e-bike. So what did I do? Got the version one tier down. I don't want to enable you, or anything, but if you've got the itch, scratch it.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
You can go to the www.r-m.de website and configure it exactly as you want. You can then see a list of dealers to whom you can give the configuration code and they will take care of everything. I think I decided against it because I thought it was "too much" bike for my first e-bike. So what did I do? Got the version one tier down. I don't want to enable you, or anything, but if you've got the itch, scratch it.
Nearest dealer is about 100 miles round trip, preferred dealer is 300 miles round trip but .... the RTB warranty needs to be considered carefully.

Related Articles

Advertisers