Braking motor cut

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
there are cases like with STI levers where it's difficult or unsightly to fit sensors to the brakes.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
you've got it right.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the black wire is ground, white wire is signal.
if you only have one connector, then it's a bit messy, you need to parallel up the two sets. Try first with one set to make it work then ask the supplier for an adapter to join two sets together.

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
the black wire is ground, white wire is signal.
if you only have one connector, then it's a bit messy, you need to parallel up the two sets. Try first with one set to make it work then ask the supplier for an adapter to join two sets together.
Thanks for that info. I thought there should be two. I will try it with one but i cannot ask supplier for an adaptor as it’s an Amazon purchase.

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
Me again. Are these black & white wires62487CF2-E6BD-4272-AF66-35194D805431.jpeg definitely for brake lever cut-out switches connecting? Reason i’m asking again is my new levers with switches have arrived with the same male plugs on them. I can only try it out if i cut all the plugs off and join the wires up.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I see the problem. Lishui controllers have two female JST connectors for 2 pins for the brakes so it would be just a plug in job. Your controller is different and there is only one cable instead of two for the brakes. You said earlier on that this is the only unused connector.
If it's for the brakes, then joining the two pins with a screwdriver should cut out the motor. If you do that and it works, then you only have to join the wires, black to black, white to white.

Could you post a picture of the label on the controller?

Reactions: Marwood Hill

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
7F73953D-F268-434D-91B1-CCBC92B15B21.jpeg Thanks @Woosh . Yes, putting a screwdriver across the 2 pins stops motor turning so it’s the right wires. Now, to connect both levers into one connector i have to form a loop as my photo. Correct? And just connect one red and one blue to the b&w. Correct?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
no, that's the wrong way.
You want red-red, blue-blue.
then join the red pair to the white wire on the controller side, blue pair to the black wire on the controller side.
Here, in the workshop, I would simply re-crimp the wires but you could use a small screw terminal block to join the wires.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-Pairs-2-PIN-JST-SM-Plug-Socket-Connectors-Soldered-Crimp/272572750698
Thanks Woosh. At first i thought that was the correct way to do it. Yes of course it is, silly me. Will try it out tomorrow.

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
Thanks Woosh. All fitted and working. Much much better to ride now. And so much safer, particularly when moving in small spaces. If you haven’t got them, get them fitted.

Ajax

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2008
Thanks Woosh. All fitted and working. Much much better to ride now. And so much safer, particularly when moving in small spaces. If you haven’t got them, get them fitted.
Not only is it safer to have cut off brakes, its also extends the life of the battery, since it cuts power to moment you apply the break, It also means less breaking force to stop.

• Agree
Reactions: Marwood Hill