SO....this arrived tonight

Doogle

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 16, 2018
Cumbria
BFDA540B-1615-482D-8143-A752C11955E8.jpeg 733FCEB3-C613-4B61-A9F2-3436398EEBD0.jpeg My brand new, and first Pedelec arrived tonight. (Cube Acid One)
Haven’t tried it yet and the battery is on charge as I text.
First impressions, I love the whole package, pretty sleek, nice understated colour scheme and graphics (Not one for ‘standing out from the crowd’) heavy although probably comparable to most beginners Pedelecs?
I had a pair of Ergon 3’s fitted as I like the riding position with the end bars.
One thing I didn’t notice (Although I’ve only given the bike a cursory look) was a means to ‘Lock out’ the front suspension, I thought this was a feature on this model?
Any comments/advice as always appreciated.
I hope to document through the forum my experiences as I hopefully get fitter and lighter with the bike through the coming weeks/months.

Doogle

Sep 16, 2018
Cumbria
Not sure on your model but on the reaction pro lock out is on the top of the right fork stantion with rebound on the left .
Cheers I'll have a look tomorrow, not particularly bothered but never ridden with suspension and I used to be out of the saddle when hill climbing it would be nice to lock out, to be honest the review i saw for this had it triggered by a switch on the handlebars, but this was a Canadian model so may be different.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
there cheap forks so id not worry about it tho it will make a big difference if you can get some mid range fox or rock shox forks.

it will leave a big hole in the wallet tho if you buy them new.

Doogle

Sep 16, 2018
Cumbria
there cheap forks so id not worry about it tho it will make a big difference if you can get some mid range fox or rock shox forks.

it will leave a big hole in the wallet tho if you buy them new.
They'll do for now...big enough hole in the wallet at the moment

Doogle

Sep 16, 2018
Cumbria
I understand the comments about not standing, "cheaty" etc, but I hope to use the e-bike power levels as a tool to get me fitter, so what I'm hoping to do is on varying gradients use maybe not as much assistance (Not totally off probably as it's a fairly heavy bike anyway) to push myself harder and build up fitness/lose weight, I have a normal bike as well but after a stay in Hospital my fitness is pretty down at the moment.

Plodder Bob

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2017
Manchester
You wouldn’t pedal far with assistance off trust me after 12 months I’ve weaned myself off turbo / emtb mode and use eco and tour mode now . Eco mode doesn’t do much probably counteracts the weight of the bike and tyre resistance but not much else ! I was hoping to switch back to a normal mtb but at 50 years old it’s unlikely .

Reactions: Gringo and Doogle

Doogle

Sep 16, 2018
Cumbria
Not looking at being super fit but if I can get about mostly on eco mode I'll be happy, I haven't had a chance to get out on the bike yet but, just wheeling it about the garage tells me it'll be pretty heavy to push without some kind of assistance

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Not looking at being super fit but if I can get about mostly on eco mode I'll be happy, I haven't had a chance to get out on the bike yet but, just wheeling it about the garage tells me it'll be pretty heavy to push without some kind of assistance
One thing you are not yet aware of.. Using turbo on twisty up and downy trails is oh so much fun.

Reactions: Gringo and peter.c

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I ride around on full power most of the time. I just pedal fast and I sweat buckets. Its all depends on how much time you have to ride per week. You can get really fit on full assist you just ride like a lunatic
Yes I do the same but not all the time and find that turbo encourages me to pedal faster until I come out of turbo for a rest.