Yamaha, full motor overhaul video

Bearing Man

Trade Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hampshire
www.ebikemotorcentre.com
After starting with the Bosch motors we have just completed a Yamaha PW motor strip and overhaul. And, I have finally sourced the grooved bearings, seals and O-rings, now all available on my site.
We are currently working on the Impulse-2, Panasonic and Brose. Much more content will be added over the next few weeks.
Bearings and service is available for everything but the Brose at the moment but this should be added within the next week or so.
If you have a Yamaha, I hope you enjoy the video.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
People might like to know which motor you find the easiest to work on?

Reactions: Bearing Man

Bearing Man

Trade Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hampshire
www.ebikemotorcentre.com
People might like to know which motor you find the easiest to work on?
This is a tricky question? None of them are particularly easy. Some motors, like the Yamaha, Impulse and Panasonic, all come apart quite easy but some of the blind bearings and clutch bearing are a bit of a nightmare to change!
The Bosch is a bit more fiddly and a lot more bearings but once you know the tips and tricks and if you have the right tools, they're not too bad either.
It's a bit like 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Great video and thank you for sharing.

what would also be useful if you could mention the approximate number of miles that the motor has done. The Yamaha motor looks squeaky clean inside compared to the Bosch in the previous video.

Bearing Man

Trade Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hampshire
www.ebikemotorcentre.com
Don't know if you are aware of any issues but your website doesn't display properly on Android.
Thanks Chris, I'm looking into it :confused:

Bearing Man

Trade Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hampshire
www.ebikemotorcentre.com
Great video and thank you for sharing.

what would also be useful if you could mention the approximate number of miles that the motor has done. The Yamaha motor looks squeaky clean inside compared to the Bosch in the previous video.
Sadly, the mileage for this motor was unknown. Each and every one of the motors I take apart look different inside and it has very little to do with mileage. It's the conditions they ride in or the way they have been washed, stored or transported. A motor with 300 miles on it can look totally wrecked inside if it's had water in it, where as a motor with 10,000 miles can look mint inside if it's had a nice easy road life.

Reactions: lyme and Woosh

Advertisers