May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Tonsgsheng TSDZ2 versus Bafang BBS01B:

- both are road legal
- TSDZ2: 48V, BBS01B: 36V
- TSDZ2: torque sensor, BBS01B: cadence sensor
- TSDZ2: reduction ratio: 1:42, BBS01B: 1:22
- TSDZ2: motor speed: 4,000 RPM (95rpm at the 42T chainring), BBS01B: 2,000 RPM (91RPM at the 46T chainring)
- TSDZ2: can accept double chain rings (BCD 110)
- maximum torque: TSDZ2: 90NM, BBS01B: 80NM
- TSDZ2: weight: 3.6kgs, BBS01B: 3.8kgs

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?cdkit#tsdz2

I will post bike pictures later when the weather allows me to take the bike out.

Reactions: Nev and flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
48V HL battery kit for the TSDZ2:
Samsung cells.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
and its got a thumb throttle!
yes, best of both worlds. I use it for a quick start. The 48V motor has enough power to pull away on hills even in the wrong gear.

The throttle kit comes with a pair of brake sensored levers but if your bike has hydraulic brakes, you can leave the brake sensored levers out.
The back of the VLCD5 has a neat row of 3 sockets, the outside sockets are for the brake levers, the middle is for the throttle.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
some pictures of the 16.5kgs STDZ2 test bike.

One word of warning: if you have cable guide under the bottom bracket like on this Giant, it'll be a little fiddly to fit. Take the rear wheel off before fitting the motor.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
This is a great option to have for future kits,

I'd should be keen to see a picture of the test bike from front and side on the non drive side

From what I can it is rather more stealthy than my GSM or Bbsxx units

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
A suppose that at the moment one cannot buy hydro brake sensors due to the bespoke connector (that looks like a funny USB?) Or do you have them ?

obvs they could be made by hacking the connectors off the levers and soldering into another hydro sensor

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Sorry, one last question . Is there a gear sensor output like the latter bbs ?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I'd should be keen to see a picture of the test bike from front and side on the non drive side
I'll post some more pictures tomorrow.
It's stealthy alright and it's easy to route the LCD cable inside the downtube, just drill a 10mm hole. You don't have the concentrator of the Y1T 4 cable, the LCD cable runs straight to the motor and is terminated by an 8-pin plug.
I am waiting for a new bottle 10AH battery to complete the look of the test bike. It has been a long wait to find a decent kit for a dropbar racing bike.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Sorry, one last question . Is there a gear sensor output like the latter bbs ?

We can plug the same gear sensor for the Krieger to the VLCD5, but the torque sensor inside the motor is so fast, you'll get used to reduce the pedal pressure when shifting in a few minutes.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
We can plug the same gear sensor for the Krieger to the VLCD5, but the torque sensor inside the motor is so fast, you'll get used to reduce the pedal pressure when shifting in a few minutes.
Thanks , good to know it is possible mind, especially for us alfine addicts (other hub gears are available ;)

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I know you guys are busy with an actual business.....but where are those pics please !!

I put a bike up for sale on the back of what I saw :)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
LCD:
row of 3 sockets under the LCD for connections of brake sensors, gear sensor, throttle etc.

Side view:
the LCD is neatly mounted without rubber rings.

front view:

backlight is very bright. On/off switch by simple quick press on the power button.

simple wiring:

If you have cable guide under the bottom bracket, it's fiddly but doable:

Reactions: jarob10

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Thanks for posting, I might be interested in something like this for an old (but good quality) racing bike I have not used for years. My intention would be to have the bike completely overhauled first before having the motor fitted. My local LBS did this recently for an old mountain bike for me at a very reasonable cost.

Here are a few questions for when you have a chance to answer them.

1. Although I am capable of doing the work myself, I don't particularily want to, so do you have someone on the North Wales coast (Bangor, Llandudno, Colwyn Bay area) that can do the conversion for me?

2. Roughly how much is it likely to cost me to pay someone to install the motor onto the bike for me?

3. What's the motor like on hills? I recently road tested a Cube racing bike with a Fazua motor on a steep hill, and was very disappointed. It felt like it was providing less than half the assistance of a Bosch CX motor.

4. What's the overall weight of the motor, battery, wiring and display?

5. Are you likely to have any demo bikes fitted with this kit in different parts of the UK? I would be prepared to travel to say Liverpool or Manchester for a test ride, but not to London or further south.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Thanks for the pics Woosh

Really interesting kit on both design and spec

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
1. Although I am capable of doing the work myself, I don't particularily want to, so do you have someone on the North Wales coast (Bangor, Llandudno, Colwyn Bay area) that can do the conversion for me?
Hatti knows but she is out this afternoon. I'll ask her tomorrow.

2. Roughly how much is it likely to cost me to pay someone to install the motor onto the bike for me?
that depends on the donor bike. If you were in Southend, I'd charge £60 to fit the kit for you.

4. What's the overall weight of the motor, battery, wiring and display?
Motor: 3.6kg LCD + speed sensor and cable: 200grs
Don't forget you are taking out the old bottom bracket so the net weight gain for motor, LCD, speed sensor and cable is about 3.5kgs.

Battery: that's the killer, about 3.2kg.
I am getting a 10AH battery specially made for the TSDZ2 but they won't be here until the new year. The new battery will weigh under 2kgs.

5. Are you likely to have any demo bikes fitted with this kit in different parts of the UK? I would be prepared to travel to say Liverpool or Manchester for a test ride, but not to London or further south.
it's early days, Nev, give it 6 months, next summer, it should be much more popular.

Reactions: Nev

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Thanks for the replies, I think you could be onto a winner with this kit. £60 to fit it sounds very reasonable to me, shame I live so far away.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
The ability to take a double chainring really interest me given my desire to use an alfine 8 on basically every bike I own (it's 2 out of 4 for now)

I really like the ability to have a double chainring in front and have 16 gears , though how the chainline works on mtb I don't know

Minatauro

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 7, 2018
I just saw this now, It looks really well and thought I would ask which Giant bike is that. It is the kind of setup that I was hoping for my Cube.