Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
The Guardain certainly keeps them coming:

Concern grows at Tory link to US lobby firm in Facebook smear scandal
Conservative party working with UK Policy Group, London arm of company accused of targeting George Soros

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/25/tory-links-us-lobby-firm-facebook-smear-scandal

However long the spoon, it is still the devil at the other end.

Previous company names
UK RISING LIMITED 25 Jan 2017 - 12 May 2017

America Rising corporation is the commercial arm of America Rising political action committee (Pac), whose backers include the billionaire hedge fund manager Paul Singer. Filings show the Pac spends heavily on the services of both America Rising Corporation and Definers.

Director
Joseph POUNDER of the USA
https://definersdc.com/team/joe-pounder/
and
Matthew RHOADES of the USA
https://definersdc.com/team/matt-rhoades/

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Pssstt!!! Posted last night: #469688 :)

When he/she said they had their mace with them, the porr chap probably thought he was goingt o be tear-gassed. :):)

When he/she said "And I've got my mace with me." the poor chap probably expected to be tear-gassed.

I want a photo!
Sorry I missed that post! they are coming in so thick and fast of late!
Actually the Mace can never leave the House of Commons, having said that they usually wear a sword, which can, perhaps he asked the chap whether he would care for a closer look?

• :D
Reactions: robdon and oyster

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
"Some fell upon stony ground and did not prosper"
if there is one thing in common between the conservative hard right and corbynites is the EU won't give them a free hand. The EU works well with a centre left or a centre right government.
If the tories lose power and JC wins a majority, we'll leave on the same Canada+ as a BJ government would because JC won't be able to keep us in the SM anymore than BJ can.
The only way out is to prolong the transition until there is a 60/40 majority to rejoin.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Conservative party working with UK Policy Group, London arm of company accused of targeting George Soros

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/25/tory-links-us-lobby-firm-facebook-smear-scandal

Tory Party? that's a pretty vague description of the Box of Frogs that superceeded them surely?
Which rabid little faction is implicated?

Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Previous company names
UK RISING LIMITED 25 Jan 2017 - 12 May 2017

America Rising corporation is the commercial arm of America Rising political action committee (Pac), whose backers include the billionaire hedge fund manager Paul Singer. Filings show the Pac spends heavily on the services of both America Rising Corporation and Definers.

Director
Joseph POUNDER of the USA
https://definersdc.com/team/joe-pounder/
and
Matthew RHOADES of the USA
https://definersdc.com/team/matt-rhoades/
For shame! I'm shocked I cry! truly shocked! :cool:

Next will come the revelation that the Tory Party is registered as
"Bodgitt and Scarper International ".St Petersburgh

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
In the Express

All together now.......Aaaagh!
And the reader's comments are far from Complimentary!
Honouring the result of the deeply questionable referendum. NOT the current option of the population (not even the electorate, I think).

The logic of the immigration system would, surely, imply that we should not be permitted freedom of movement even within the UK. After all, that is based on location not skills and talents. Perhaps I will have my passport rescinded because it is based on my birth in Yorkshire? It certainly implies changes to the rights of the Irish.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Just who is a follower of Dr Pangloss? And who of Voltaire?

Juncker tells UK this is 'best deal possible'

Speaking in English, Jean-Claude Juncker, the president of the European commission, says he would vote in favour of this deal, “because this is the best deal possible for the United Kingdom”.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Honouring the result of the deeply questionable referendum. NOT the current option of the population (not even the electorate, I think).
Not even the electorate? Who voted for the conservatives to govern and who puts JC up as leader of the opposition? Remember, JC is one of those wanting to trigger A50 as soon as possible after the referendum.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Just who is a follower of Dr Pangloss? And who of Voltaire?

Juncker tells UK this is 'best deal possible'

Speaking in English, Jean-Claude Juncker, the president of the European commission, says he would vote in favour of this deal, “because this is the best deal possible for the United Kingdom”.
The man's been drinking again
He meant to say "Second Best deal possible for the United Kingdom"

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

The logic of the immigration system would, surely, imply that we should not be permitted freedom of movement even within the UK. After all, that is based on location not skills and talents. Perhaps I will have my passport rescinded because it is based on my birth in Yorkshire? It certainly implies changes to the rights of the Irish.
Nay lad, tha cant be a furriner if thee were born in Yorkshire now can thee?
it's all t'uthers am furren! :D

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
We vote in a government to govern, we can't have public votes on every step of every poxy decision.

In any case, you only want a vote because you think there's a good chance of a result you will like.

Are you Sturgeon in disguise?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
He was a banker, you can't expect him to flip on the error of "liberal" politics. He was supposed to blunt the sharp edge so that the less well off didn't get their throats cut but it isn't working. At least he hasn't brought in zero hour contracts although he did menace doing so at one time.
Yes I can expect Macron to flip, if his really was a new way. He's turning out as I expected, another airhead politician who doesn't really have a clue, only an unjustified faith in hs own abilities

- Diesel was subsidised years ago so the poor all have diesel cars.
- they can't afford housing prices (rent let alone buying) near their place of work so they need their cars
- because there is no decent public transport any more outside of large cities
I know all this, it's why I posted as I did. The protesters are right, whoever they are, the change in pricing policy favours the urban dwellers and greatly disadvantages the rural often less well off. A continuation of the trend to greater disparity that we suffer so much from here in the UK, the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer.

The French of all people should know where that can end up.

• Agree
Reactions: oldtom and robdon

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
We vote in a government to govern, we can't have public votes on every step of every poxy decision.

In any case, you only want a vote because you think there's a good chance of a result you will like.

Are you Sturgeon in disguise?
Don’t forget the referendum was only advisory to parliament,they don’t have to accept the 2016 result.
Actually May’s deal is not welcomed by either Leavers or Remainers,I was and am a Remainer but would accept if the second vote still voted leave,but that vote would be a choice between leaving on May’s deal or Remain,very few seem to want no deal.
Not keen on Sturgeon,she sees Brexit as a route to another Scottish independence vote. I struggle to find anyone in parliament that I respect,Theresa May has to be respected for her tenacity but it seems wrongly directed and she has given away too much to the EU....I like Keir Starmer but for selfish reasons wouldn’t want a labour government.
Raab (a committed Leaver) said that May’s deal would be worse than remain,that in itself is a justification for another vote.
KudosDave

Advertisers