luna cycles fancy display

willcee

Pedelecer
Jan 23, 2018
ulster
Back in summer i bought one of these, mainly to have a V display of the Volts in my battery.. been off the bike for a few weeks after a total hip replacement and earlier this week i ventured out to my workshop to charge and refit my battery, switch on and check everything was kosher.. no display, well a vague display , no info or colours, checked output at battery was good 54v, checked loom connections all good, and tried again, in despair i wiggled my digit on the power button and hey it came alive, switched off and tried again , still dead as Nelson, so it must be the switch albeit how does it switch off so normally.. emailed Luna with invoice details who came back with Sorry outside the 90days warranty, we'll give you 30% of another.. i have the old basic Bafang display and has anyone cut and joined the older switch to another similar display, or have any ideas what could be wrong, its never seen any amount of rain, dry stored, cleaned regularly and hasn't had any sharp shocks or damage.. help?? will

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Just a guess - dirty/corroded contacts. What is the hygrometry in your workshop?

willcee

Pedelecer
Jan 23, 2018
ulster
Fancy word for dampish atmospherics . well all i can say is that cardboard doesn't go damp neither does paper. I was able to get the switch deconstructed, and its a series of 5 micro switches, like those in a car ignition key, thing is the item that is the problem is the one you hold down to get the power switched on before cycling away, yet when its pushed to turn the unit off its immediate, no faffing like when trying to turn on.. i sent some pics to a mate who has experience in microsolder type ops and he is fairly confident in being able to refit with a new micro switch of which i have some..i'll try to get some pics up .. will

Attachments

willcee

Pedelecer
Jan 23, 2018
ulster
Billy, why aye man, you'll get it sorted, if not... is there anyone out there with a damaged display that has an intact 5 button switch..???

Advertisers