Come on Woosh spill the beans

Audio2

Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2015
Two recent posts with pictures, one of a new bike Karoo2 & one of 21700 celled battery. Tomorrows technology today?karoo2.jpg21700-3x13.jpg

Reactions: Artstu

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
both were last summer projects but put on hold because of the anti-dumping levy.
They are still on hold, we have to get round assembling all the bikes we used to buy factory built before we can get back to them.
I posted some pictures of the new Karoo last year, only the battery is new but in itself, just a simple change because the price of Samsung 50E has come down enough to do in 50E.
The main direction is toward introducing more torque sensor bikes with optional throttle.

Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I have just ordered a thumb throttle I found on Aliexp a little bit different to the wuxing offerings and the main feature is ' providing steady and sensitive control of speed', so sounds like it should be a graduated one which will be nice. A bit wider at 43mm.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/E-bike-Parts-185cm-Bicycle-Speed-Control-3-Wires-Thumb-Throttle-on-225mm-Handle-for-Electric/32907768205.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.2a052e0eb8G5Fy

I like the 50E even at 14s would be ideal for my 48v controller set up, if it wasn't for an integrated set up.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I have just ordered a thumb throttle I found on Aliexp a little bit different to the wuxing offerings and the main feature is ' providing steady and sensitive control of speed', so sounds like it should be a graduated one which will be nice. A bit wider at 43mm.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/E-bike-Parts-185cm-Bicycle-Speed-Control-3-Wires-Thumb-Throttle-on-225mm-Handle-for-Electric/32907768205.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.2a052e0eb8G5Fy

I like the 50E even at 14s would be ideal for my 48v controller set up, if it wasn't for an integrated set up.
But they would be Illegal :rolleyes: ;)

I am pretty much stuck on 5P6S x 2, balance charged and protected by controller LVC and "LiPo" alarms for the trike. 25 Ah and 1.11 kWh, I can see the controller limited to 15 Amps because that is all I need to get the trike off the line and up to 25 km/h cut off going by experience on the upright. Will have to test with full paniers on the couple of big hills on my way beck from the Spanish supermarket to see if it is enough for climbing.

The upright will get a 3P10S Sanyo 20700 battery probably with the BMS from my very tired bottle battery, the 15 Amp discharge will give that little bit extra and 12 Ah is plenty for the use it will get. A 3P2S booster would be an interesting option so that battery could also be used as a range extender on the trike.

What is the best half grip twist throttle around? This one doesn't look too bad: https://www.ebike-solutions.com/de/shop/elektronikzubehoer/gasgriffe/ebs-halbgasgriff.html

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
They are illegal but more and more common on the "Chinese dumping special" bikes around here. And it isn't the older generation using them but the young yobos mostly on cheap fat bikes which they ride like the mopeds they are (motor over and beyond 250 W judging by the size of the hub).

My case:
There is a stop sign at the top of the 15% gradient just after leaving home. Backpedal on a trike can be embarrassing so the throttle is for those times when I arrive at the stop sign and pedal position isn't quite optimised for starting off again. That isn't a problem on my upright, I just backpedal to get the pedals in the correct position for takeoff.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
But they would be Illegal :rolleyes:;)
In Uk 14s battery yes, throttle no .
Either way not worried at all, would do what everyone else does just call it 48v :rolleyes:.