eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Calling my untidy overstuffed garage a workshop would many steps too far. One day I will tidy it.

Great ride to work today in the sunshine.
Ride to work Feb 19 sunny 001.JPG
Field of dreams
Ride to work Feb 19 sunny 006.JPG
The last post
Ride to work Feb 19 sunny 007.JPG
Britty woods
Ride to work Feb 19 sunny 010.JPG
Crooksbury common.

68 miles over the last three days journeys to work with one more potential return trip tomorrow. 10702 miles now since March 2015. Much nicer than a car.

Last edited:

bike_ro

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 5, 2019
Superb terrain. :)
Unfortunately a couple of days ago snow came again so now that beautiful trail is covered in 30-40 cm of snow.. Will have to wait a bit more for the next opportunity to ride there.

Btw, you can find the complete trail here:

Reactions: georgehenry

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Great couple of morning rides to work, the first just as it was getting light yesterday in a sprightly 0" temp of 12 miles and then 14 miles today starting a couple of hours later and 6" warmer, but both superb rides only marred slightly by my front tyre deflating that I think is the presta valve gunged up with some of the slime inside the tube. Is it best to remove the valve, clean and re inflate the tyre? How best to clean the valve?
Ride to work cows lake Feb 27 19 001.JPG
Ride to work cows lake Feb 27 19 003.JPG
Ride to work cows lake Feb 27 19 004.JPG
Postscript: After a quick look on the internet I removed my presta valves which were both gunged up with slime and dunked them both in some hot soapy water while i cleaned out the valve stems returning to the presta valves to wipe and scrape them clean before reassembling at 12:00 O clock angle and re inflating the tyres, tightening everything up and a quick six mile blast. Hopefully that will be that but time will tell.

Last edited:

NI Phil

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 20, 2018
If you put the valve at the top, unscrew it, clean it, replace it and reinflate

Reactions: georgehenry

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Buy some spare presta's on fleabay they are cheap carry some with you in case of an issue and clean gunged up ones when you get home.

Reactions: NI Phil

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Good idea Nealth. I have probably been lucky not to have had an issue before now as I have noticed when adding air that a lot of pressure has been needed initially to get the air to flow into the tube and I now know why, but the process of removing cleaning and replacing was easy.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Also I use Schrader pump for Pretsa's by using the brass valve adapter again for a pound or two you can get 5 adapters, they help to prevent bent valves during pump connection/ filling and I find little or no air loss when disconnecting.

Related Articles

Advertisers