Hi from Scotland

fit like

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 5, 2019
Scotland
Meant to add - thanks to everyone who replied in this thread. Your suggestions and thoughts really helped me to make up my mind.

Andy McNish

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
"Also, if anyone with a cube touring sees this, whats the level of shake and rattle with the Cube Touring."

It's very solidly built if that is what you mean - no rattles or squeaks at all after a couple of hundred miles.

I have been over some cobbles with it with no isssues but to some extent how much you feel them is going to be a function of whether you have locked out your front fork (I don't bother locking mine at all and mine also came with a suspension seatpost so I am basically running at max suspension for the bike) and, of course, what tyres you run at what pressure.

mark_north

Feb 6, 2019
Fantastic!!!! thank you to both of you for your responses, really really helpful.....and my genuinely totally sincere grovelling apology for taking so long respond to thank you both - its galling when you respond on a forum and you don’t think the OP appreciated it.
(I’ve had a nightmare week, a complete and utter mare;-).
I’m still swithering over which bike to choose. Unfortunately its difficult to find a dealer here in edinburgh which has the cube bike in stock to try out, so i’m gonna look to see if there’s anything over in glasgow this weekend. Thanks again for your help. Really really appreciated.

Andy McNish

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
Well Halfords were selling their Crossfuse (not the Crossfire but the one with the Bosch Activeline Plus motor) for £1280 last week (and apparently also knocked another 10% off for British Cycling members). Even if that has ended they will probably have it on sale again soon. The Cubes tend to be around £1500 and the Motuses closer to £2000, so, even if the Halfords bike isn't quite as nice to look at, it is great value if you can get it at that sort of price.

Last edited:

mark_north

Feb 6, 2019
Yea, i tried the crossfuse and it was absolutely fantastic on the bikepath but i didnt enjoy it on the cobbles nor the potholes,...of which, sadly, i have a fair amount of on my commute.
I am also considering the raleigh strada comp as halfords have it at 1750 (and thats with the shimano 6000 and the Di2)...i’m hoping thats a better frame, and it also has carbon forks (which i have on my old race bike and it sucks up the cobbles surprisingly well).
But they don’t have the strada in the local store, as apparently its online only....so that aint ideal. i guess i could use click-and-collect to minimise the risk of buying a bike i didnt want as you dont need to pay before you buy (although the local halfords store would likely hate me if i didnt buy it).
I tried the trek dual sport+ and loved it, the frame felt just right for my size, but its a bit pricy. I just wish there were a few more lbs offering cube bikes just now so i could try them out as they definitely do seem to be offering the best price/quality ratio on the market just now.

Eagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2012
fit like,
I am pleased that you have found a suitable ebike. The Cubes all seem to have a good rep judging by the feedback on here.

Do let us know how you get on with your bike subsequently.
It is very useful for other members looking for a sutable ebike.

I am sure that the Asgard Bike Shelter will do a good job but don't forget to insure your bike as well, just in case.

Reactions: fit like