10,000 Mile on Panasonic 26V, now 5000 Miles on a Bosch CX

shep

Pedelecer
May 3, 2011
Been around e Bikes for a long time now, what a truly fabulous, useful and generally wonderful vehicle. I did just over 10,000 miles on my Kalkhoff Aggatu before selling it, and today cleared 5000 miles on my Cube Reaction Pro 500 fitted with a Bosch CX motor.

Outside of routine maintenance NO PROBLEMS with either bike, The Cube likes chains, now on my 4th chain, but they are cheap and easy to fit. The Bosch is a far better and more modern system, but noisier. The battery life is superb on Eco mode which i use 90% of the time, i have had more than 90 miles out of the 500W battery in Holland.

Will definitely be around E Bikes for a while longer that is for sure.

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
Hi Shep,

Thanks for your brief intro. Encouraging to hear your trouble free experience with the Cube/CX combo, as I have a Cube Kathmandu with the same motor. Approaching my first 1000 miles and likewise no issues. I use Tour a fair bit, and Turbo comes in useful for some of the steeper inclines we have around here. I still get around 60+ miles out of a charge. Climbs like a goat. Any maintenance tips for a happy and fulfilling relationship with the steed?

Crossroads

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
Shep,

That is amazing milage and very encouraging for an E Bike Newbie with a CX.

The best thing, for me, is that the bike has opened up a perfect 20 mile ride on country lanes with a number of steep hills, that I definetly wouldn't have tackled otherwise.