Brexit, for once some facts.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Evidence is evidence. Please contradict . The 400,000 spent by the DUP was donated by a third party and to be spent OUTSIDE NI. Contrary to an election norms. Oh by the way they dis get their 13K kickback, after the event. But since it was accounted fir it must be OK.

Classic Stockholm Syndrome

• Disagree
Reactions: flecc

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Oh dear!

Remember, he had half a million followers on Twitter. That's considerably more than most other politicians. To put it in context, Esther Mcvey has 27,000 and David Davis only 120,000.

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Classic Stockholm Syndrome
Stockholm syndrome
noun

1. feelings of trust or affection felt in many cases of kidnapping or hostage-taking by a victim towards a captor.

WTF are you on about now?

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and robdon

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Once again someone refers to the mythical "we" meaning of
course your right wing friends, not the mass of the Brexit voters who believed all the lies and promises made to them.
We see very clearly what you stand for,make no mistake about that,your little fascist revival is struggling, and thank goodness for that.
"Your little fascist revival".

And you wonder why you lost.

As for my 'right wing friends'. Are you referring to the 17.4m who voted to leave by any chance? Not sure they're all 'right wing'.

Whatever eh?

How's the weather in Hull this afternoon - the Surrey Hills are looking glorious. I'd go out on my bike but my hip is hurting like f*** today (hip replacement op due end of May) - so I will just have to sit here and take in the view.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Oh dear!

Remember, he had half a million followers on Twitter. That's considerably more than most other politicians!
Yup. By over-turning Brexit the way Remainers are doing - they will only encourage a truly far-right response. When people are ignored they get angry - so they move to the extremes.

We've avoided the kind of far-right politics they have in just about every other EU nation - and now we're going to get it - because this is a natural consequence.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Yup. By over-turning Brexit the way Remainers are doing - they will only encourage a truly far-right response. When people are ignored they get angry - so they move to the extremes.

We've avoided the kind of far-right politics they have in just about every other EU nation - and now we're going to get it - because this is a natural consequence.
Hang on, the British Parliament has not ignored Brexit or the referendum Look at the amount of time it has devoted to it. In my opinion very ineffectively,but whatever, it has not been ignored.
To give in to violence or the veiled threat of violence is appeasement. Unfortunately the vacuum of NI politics over the last 2.5 years, is providing exactly the conditions for extremism to flourish.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
"Your little fascist revival".

And you wonder why you lost.

As for my 'right wing friends'. Are you referring to the 17.4m who voted to leave by any chance? Not sure they're all 'right wing'.

Whatever eh?

How's the weather in Hull this afternoon - the Surrey Hills are looking glorious. I'd go out on my bike but my hip is hurting like f*** today (hip replacement op due end of May) - so I will just have to sit here and take in the view.

Good luck with the op James.

It will be like a new life once its happened. My friend had it done and she is like a new person.

Reactions: flecc and Danidl

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon

Interesting comments. I agree with the sentiment, but in case you didn't know, Tommy Robinson is nowhere near the far right. In fact he's nearer the left. Nearly everything you read or hear about him from the mainstream media is completely fake. His only concern is that the doctrine of Islam is not compatible with established UK values. Following his expression of that, he's suffered immense opression from the media and "the state". If you watch his videos (impossible tofind on Youtube now, though still there), I'm sure that you'll get a completely different picture of him. Although he's not very articulate, he's highly intelligent and rational.

I'm not saying he's a good guy or bad guy. I'll let you make your own mind up after you've seen the story from his side. What worries me, though, is the false information we've been fed, and this is a similar situation with Brexit. Here's where he had BBC Panorama absolutely banged to rights. Enjoy. Skip to 29:00 if you're pushed for time, but definitely watch all the rest.

I loved this comment.

vic odell1 month ago
There should be an independent inquiry about the Biased Broadcasting Corporation but who could you trust to be independent

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: robdon

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Interesting comments. I agree with the sentiment, but in case you didn't know, Tommy Robinson is nowhere near the far right. In fact he's nearer the left. Nearly everything you read or hear about him from the mainstream media is completely fake. His only concern is that the doctrine of Islam is not compatible with established UK values. Following his expression of that, he's suffered immense opression from the media and "the state". If you watch his videos (impossible tofind on Youtube now, though still there, I'm sure that you'll get a completely different picture of him. Although he's not very articulate, he's highly intelligent and rational.

I'm not saying he's a good guy or bad one. I'll let you make your own mind up after you've seen the story from his side. What worries me, though, is the false information we've been fed, and this is a similar situation with Brexit. Here's where hehad BBC Panorama absolutely banged to rights. Enjoy. Skip to 29:00 if you're pushed for time, but definitely watch all the rest.

I really don't get the cult of Tommy Robinson.

He's just an old fashion national front person rebadged as a modern racist.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Interesting comments. I agree with the sentiment, but in case you didn't know, Tommy Robinson is nowhere near the far right. In fact he's nearer the left. Nearly everything you read or hear about him from the mainstream media is completely fake. His only concern is that the doctrine of Islam is not compatible with established UK values. Following his expression of that, he's suffered immense opression from the media and "the state". If you watch his videos (impossible tofind on Youtube now, though still there, I'm sure that you'll get a completely different picture of him. Although he's not very articulate, he's highly intelligent and rational.

I'm not saying he's a good guy or bad one. I'll let you make your own mind up after you've seen the story from his side. What worries me, though, is the false information we've been fed, and this is a similar situation with Brexit. Here's where hehad BBC Panorama absolutely banged to rights. Enjoy. Skip to 29:00 if you're pushed for time, but definitely watch all the rest.

I actually agree with that. I read his book - about growing up in Luton and what he went through - and you can see completely how it shaped his views. He's not the devil - he represents a genuine group who have been badly shafted by the political-correctness particularly of local government and the police.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Good luck with the op James.

It will be like a new life once its happened. My friend had it done and she is like a new person.
Thanks. I'm - as they say - nervous and excited. I do NOT like hospitals (who does?) - but its got to the point where I really have to get this thing fixed. I can barely walk the dog half a mile these days - and shooting pains down my leg at night make sleeping decidedly tricky.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Hang on, the British Parliament has not ignored Brexit or the referendum Look at the amount of time it has devoted to it. In my opinion very ineffectively,but whatever, it has not been ignored.
Danny my friend I am only interested in results not effort.

Last edited:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Danny my friend I am only interested in results not effort.
And the result was that since nobody knew what they wanted in their brexit, that is exactly what they get...a type of Brexit that nobody wanted. No amount of additional effort will generate a different result.
BTW, it appears that even some senior MPs are realising that Revoke is not the end of the world,and is better than the alternatives

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and robdon

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I really don't get the cult of Tommy Robinson.

He's just an old fashion national front person rebadged as a modern racist.
You need to see the story from his side. He's not the slightest bit racist. In fact he got in a lot of trouble when he got targeted and beaten up by right wing activists after he kicked racists out of the EDL. You have to understand that the Islamic doctrine is basically politics. So his views are political, not racist. It's a bit like being called a racist because you don't want the doctrine of the EU in the UK.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
To give in to violence or the veiled threat of violence is appeasement. Unfortunately the vacuum of NI politics over the last 2.5 years, is providing exactly the conditions for extremism to flourish.
it has spent all it's efforts on trying to negate the results of the referendum

Reactions: OxygenJames

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
And the result was that since nobody knew what they wanted in their brexit, that is exactly what they get...a type of Brexit that nobody wanted. No amount of additional effort will generate a different result.
BTW, it appears that even some senior MPs are realising that Revoke is not the end of the world,and is better than the alternatives
Ha. You still labour under the illusion that there are 'types' of Brexit.

Very funny.

Advertisers