Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I suppose you think if the flat earth society had 7b members that would prove them right.

But....

They'd still be wrong.
but they don't have 7 billion members. The number of hard line brexiter MPs is now about 100, about 15% of parliament, they don't represent the will of parliament, same goes for no deal brexiters, less than 25% of voters, less than 15% of the population, they don't represent the will of the people.
Most posters on here don't appreciate what parliament is doing, I do. I believe that in their chaotic way, they are actually doing the right thing. They will find the least damaging brexit.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
but they don't have 7 billion members. The number of hard line brexiter MPs is now about 100, about 15% of parliament, they don't represent the will of parliament, same goes for no deal brexiters, less than 25% of voters, less than 15% of the population, they don't represent the will of the people.
Most posters on here don't appreciate what parliament is doing, I do. I believe that in their chaotic way, they are actually doing the right thing. They will find the least damaging brexit.

It's not Brexit. We might as well stay.

I can see the EUs point. Why have a satellite state on their borders doing what they want.

I'd like to have seen us try though.

Reactions: OxygenJames

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It's not Brexit. We might as well stay.

I can see the EUs point. Why have a satellite state on their borders doing what they want.

I'd like to have seen us try though.
some substantial number of brexit voters have already come to that conclusion. As 50Hertz has already pointed out, the EU cannot give us a good deal, not before nor after brexit. They know that although we are a valuable member, once out, we are a weak competitor compared to their size. All brexit voters should have realised that and be prepared to pay a hefty divorced bill and put up with a less than good deal.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
How deep do I need to dig?

https://jacobinmag.com/2018/08/tommy-robinson-fascist-bbc-prison-sentence

He's not my cup of tea. I hope he gets a few more jail sentences before he realises the game is up. He really hates jail.

Such a weird cult.
The thing that Tommy Robinson complains about the most is that people get their opinions about him from biased, lying third parties. He says you should listen to what he himself says, and you'll get a different impression. I pride myself in my ability to look into people's eyes and judge their honesty. I'm pretty sure that he's not the pariah portrayed by third parties. All I can say is watch videos where he speaks for himself, then judge him.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Tell us with how many countries does the EU have a border? And those countries are not doing what they want? Lucky you didn't study geography at school, it would have been a waste of time...

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Interesting... And so very important that a flawed referendum is not allowed to stand without at least being properly reviewed and the impact of any issues properly assessed and evaluated.

Swiss court orders historic referendum re-run
The result of a nationwide referendum has been overturned for the first time in modern Switzerland's history.

The poll, held in February 2016, asked the country's voters whether married couples and co-habiting partners should pay the same tax.

Voters rejected the proposal, with 50.8% against and 49.2% in favour.

But the supreme court has now voided the result on the grounds that voters were not given full information, and the vote must be re-run.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47879777

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Tell us with how many countries does the EU have a border? And those countries are not doing what they want? Lucky you didn't study geography at school, it would have been a waste of time...
Land or sea?

I ask not just to be ridiculously pedantic, but because it made me ask how many countries the EU would have borders with after a brexit? Things like the channel tunnel? And whether the borders of all UK countries count as one or separately for each constituent country?

Yes, it is getting late and my mind is wandering... :):)

Last edited:
Reactions: robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Well the new date is Halloween!!.
I reckon brexit may happen before Halloween now that the EU may be willing to allow the UK to have a say in trade matter if the UK joins the customs union.

Advertisers