Brexit, for once some facts.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
I love the way there's two separate conversations going on in this thread but because everybody is so sensible (amazingly) it all seems to work ok. It's like being in a pub all sat at a table with lots of people talking about different subjects.
Now I've said that there'll be a right punch-up.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The thing that makes me the most suspicious is that they've never been back in 50 years. That's incredibly long in this age of technical advancement. from the time Kennedy said that they would go to the time they actually went was only a few years, when the best computers had less computing power than a smartwatch today. I heard a spokesman from NASA the other day saying that they no longer had the technology to do a manned landing on the moon, and it would take 10 years to develop a suitable craft. It just doesn't add up.
I think safety concerns stop the program. You have to have a better capsule to protect cosmonauts going through the Van Allen belts, the extra weight will require more powerful launch rockets and progress on rockets has been very slow in recent decades.

Reactions: robdon and Zlatan

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Brexit will be an economic disaster
You know this for a fact huh? Like you knew for a fact to vote leave - then changed your mind - and now you're so sure you're right - again.

And yet....

What a show huh?

Last edited:

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
I love the way there's two separate conversations going on in this thread but because everybody is so sensible (amazingly) it all seems to work ok. It's like being in a pub all sat at a table with lots of people talking about different subjects.
Now I've said that there'll be a right punch-up.
The guy at the door said 'you got a knife on you?' and I said no mate and he replied here have one you'll need it in there.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Take your marks, get set, let the smearing begin.

It’s so childish.

I don’t like Farage and I’ve said why previously. Instead of this tiresome, “he’s worse than we are” politics, let’s hear what positive things people / political parties have plans for.

As things stand, I’m so hacked off with the bickering, the incompetence and the blurring of activity with action that I might just vote for The Brexit Party. Brexit will be an economic disaster, but it might be a fun spectator sport watching everything fall apart. More fun than the endless child like point scoring and incompetence driven inactivity. I think we are pretty much shafted anyway, so why prolong the agony?
How odd" voting for the Brexit party is the best guarantee for prolonging the agony!

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Did you edit the following... " Idiot. You'd kill off the whole economy. You obviously know nothing about human motivation."..as appears in in some later posting
You may choose to call me idealistic, but whatever else,I am not an idiot.
It is extremely simplistic to assume that the current economic model is the only one which works, and the only one which generates wealth and comfort
You're an idiot if you think you wouldn't severely mess up the economy if we had 100% inheritance tax.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: Fingers and robdon

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Did you edit the following... " Idiot. You'd kill off the whole economy. You obviously know nothing about human motivation."..as appears in in some later posting
You may choose to call me idealistic, but whatever else,I am not an idiot.
It is extremely simplistic to assume that the current economic model is the only one which works, and the only one which generates wealth and comfort
You're right though I did edit it. I don't like calling people names - but sometimes I just can not help myself.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
How odd" voting for the Brexit party is the best guarantee for prolonging the agony!
The BXP does not want brexit really, because the reason for their existence is the support it gets from brexit voters.

voting for the BXP is possibly the surest way to stop brexit.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
You know this for a fact huh? Like you knew for a fact to vote leave - then changed your mind - and now you're so sure you're right - again.

And yet....

What a show huh?
Have you ever heard of the experiential learning cycle? You look at the data available, analyse it, make a decision, watch at the affect, look at the data available, analyse it, make a decision.......... sometimes this causes you alter alter your decision based experience.

On the other hand you sound more of a, my daddy voted for it, his daddy voted for it, his daddy’s daddy voted for it, and now I is goin’ to vote for it, type of guy. Therefore, I understand why you have difficulty with the concept of an experiential learning cycle.

Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Cui bono...

Facebook ads by Lynton Crosby's firm 'part of push for hard Brexit'
Sources say company has run seemingly independent pro-Brexit campaigns since 2017

A network of secretive pro-Brexit Facebook campaigns overseen by Sir Lynton Crosby’s company CTF Partners was part of a wider campaign to undermine Theresa May and push Britain towards a hard Brexit, according to individuals with knowledge of the company’s operations and internal documents.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/22/facebook-ads-by-lynton-crosbys-firm-part-of-push-for-hard-brexit

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Look at the key phrase "according to individuals ". Any phrase like that or "it was reported that " or "someone said" means that what follows is most likely a lie. You'll see that sort of thing in the press all the time when they're trying to convince thickos to follow the press bias. If it were true, they's leave out that phrase. They only put it in to prevent litigation from their slanderous lies.

Imagine that I wrote here that you were hatching a plot to kill the Prime Minister. The onus would be on me to prove it, otherwise you could have me for slander. Let's now say that I tell my partner to repeat after me, "Oyster is hatching a plot to kill the Prime Minister" and she does it. I can then write here in all honesty that it was reported that you're hatching a plot to kill the Prime Minister without you being able to do anything about it other than to say it's a lie, except that people are always willing to believe the worst, so they won't believe you.

Now that I've pointed it out, look for these phrases whenever the press are saying anything bad about anyone.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Have you ever heard of the experiential learning cycle? You look at the data available, analyse it, make a decision, watch at the affect, look at the data available, analyse it, make a decision.......... sometimes this causes you alter alter your decision based experience.

On the other hand you sound more of a, my daddy voted for it, his daddy voted for it, his daddy’s daddy voted for it, and now I is goin’ to vote for it, type of guy. Therefore, I understand why you have difficulty with the concept of an experiential learning cycle.
No he's more of "whatever will make America great again" sort of voter really :cool:
A fan of the Adam Smith institute

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Look at the key phrase "according to individuals ". Any phrase like that or "it was reported that " or "someone said" means that what follows is most likely a lie. You'll see that sort of thing in the press all the time when they're trying to convince thickos to follow the press bias. If it were true, they's leave out that phrase. They only put it in to prevent litigation from their slanderous lies.

Imagine that I wrote here that you were hatching a plot to kill the Prime Minister. The onus would be on me to prove it, otherwise you could have me for slander. Let's now say that I tell my partner to repeat after me, "Oyster is hatching a plot to kill the Prime Minister" and she does it. I can then write here in all honesty that it was reported that you're hatching a plot to kill the Prime Minister without you being able to do anything about it other than to say it's a lie, except that people are always willing to believe the worst, so they won't believe you.

Now that I've pointed it out, look for these phrases whenever the press are saying anything bad about anyone.
It even applies when they are actually complimenting them, just in case they go out of favour in the future.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

Yes and a certain Mr Trump is a master of that type of unattributed innuendo.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I would rather follow the money or who spends on what.

People give more generously if it's an investment.
edit:
actually... thinking about it: large donations are usually not real donations but investments.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hence my introductory comment, Cui bono...
logically, our friends across the pond stand to benefit the most.
They have a trade deficit with the UK which they can't exploit until we are outside the EU.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Has anyone ever noticed Donald Chump err..Trump has a twitch ? He keeps winking at people and putting a thumb up ! I can only surmise it must be all that Genetically modified food they dish up over there, or maybe it's the result of eating the 80 odd additives that we Europeans have banned.
Hey.. we've got all that to look forward to in the future....nice.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

Advertisers