Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
He will be lucky if Boris lets him contest a safe seat like Islington North :rolleyes:
be a real MP is too much work, that wouldn't suit Sir Nigel.
Better be a member of the upper house, £300 a day + expenses when you like. No need to run your surgery.
Apparently, some leave the taxi meter on, run in, sign then run out to the waiting taxi.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Good point. Either way they'll suffer though, brexit has been a very expensive experience for them.
imagine BJ calls an election shortly after WTO brexit.
He would stand a good chance against JC.
We'll end up living under tory rule for another 5 years, until 2024.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
UK isn't a normal democracy!

Although she is expected to receive and take advice, it is the queen who has to choose who to ask to form a government.
And she decide on anyone??. . It is no different other countries. It would be a constitutional crisis,if the Head of State did not choose the person who command the vote of the House.

Reactions: robdon

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Comments from Ireland.. Simon Coveney, is the second in command in the Irish Government.... And these comments were out very early at 10:30 ....
Back on the home front Foreign Affairs Minister Simon Coveney has issued a stark warning about the prospect of a hard Brexit.

“I think anything is possible now. Britain needs to be careful. From an EU perspective, patience has run out. The EU wants to get on with very challenging political questions,” the Minister said on Newstalk.

Coveney also issued a warning to British politicians who believe that the EU will grant another extension to the Brexit deadline.

“The assumption that some have in the UK that they’ll simply be able to ask for another extension, and they’ll get it with no strings attached, is naive. An extension is possible, likely,” he said.

I think many in the UK see this process as humiliating to Britain. It’s a proud country, a great country. People in Britain are sick of it. They want to move. I’d love Britain to stay in the EU. Everybody is losing here. I think the reality is that Britain is likely to leave and there’ll be more and more pressure on whoever is in government to deliver.

“Me and Taoiseach will ensure Irish interests are protected,” the foreign affairs minister added.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
does anyone think that the results of the EU elections could change the dynamics regarding UK relationship with EU.
The course has already changed, they are irrelevant. No Deal is most likely to gain support because May has gone.
The new leader will only get elected on that ticket.
Once he or she has, it will depend on how much they fear being held responsible for impending disaster
Fear is the key

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and Woosh

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
does anyone think that the results of the EU elections could change the dynamics regarding UK relationship with EU.
I think they could if it's a resounding Brexit win with a good election turnout. Although the mainland European politicians put on a brave face, they are feeling as hurt with Brexit as their peoples who were/are living here. No-one likes rejection of themselves or their pet project.

A result like that I mentioned would be like rubbing salt into the wound.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
are PMs allowed to ride bikes?
Yes, David Cameron regularly rode a Brompton to the House in fine weather, though the mickey was sometimes taken since his chauffeur followed in the car with his briefcase. And Sir Alec Douglas-Hume sometimes also cycled as a Prime Minister.

There's an All Party Parliamentary Cycling Group with quite afew members.

Last edited:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I think they could if it's a resounding Brexit win with a good election turnout. Although the mainland European politicians put on a brave face, they are feeling as hurt with Brexit as their peoples who were/are living here. No-one likes rejection of themselves or their pet project.

A result like that I mentioned would be like rubbing salt into the wound.
It will also make the EU less tolerant of UK foibles.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I can see that happening. He will make mince meat of Corbyn
I sincerely hope so! his mess after all, lets have the blighter pull off a miraculous effort and make brexit work.
Anyone stupid enough to vote for him will get the Government they deserve
Shame for the none stupid people in the population though

Advertisers