Halfords are truly shocking!

kingsknight

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2018
So my best mate's ebike was finally ready to be picked up from the store today....... He hasn't owned a bike in maybe 20 years. Rides it home and sends me a photo. Says the steering is slightly off.....

Can you tell me what the problem is?!??!?!

Unbelievable!!!

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
They should get their own staff to watch their own bike build video

• :D
Reactions: flecc

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
No surprises there, on the plus side they are useful warranty wise being local, I suppose one day someone will get seriously hurt due to their incompetence and Halfords will get sued and then may pay better attention preparing bikes.....

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Get your mate to headbutt the wall, then walk back into Halfords pushing the bike and tell them they just came off it and let's talk compo..

Reactions: Davidlee

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
It’s not Halfords in general just certain branches, my local branch is staffed by competent bicycle mechanics (not that I need there services)
I would recommend a formal complaint, not to the branch manager but online. Any complaints make the manager look bad and he is then likely to contact the complainant potentially with sweeteners to get better feedback.
This is not a guaranteed response but what the heck, shake the tree and see what falls out ;)

• Agree
Reactions: flash and Fordulike

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
I suppose the cable routing is a giveaway, right-left-right, ex-army mechanic maybe ?

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
They've fitted the disc brake on the wrong side... :D :D :D
No points for you lol... I think you meant they have the forks 180 degrees out when the tightened up the handlebar stem

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
To be honest, this shocking setup should (and hopefully) would shame any Halfords store manager, I can't believe this sort of shoddy work is widespread across Halfords, they do have a structured training progression system in place.
However, the individual who built the bike should be ashamed or him/herself if he/she looked at the forks and then handed it over to the customer, he/she cannot cannot claim to have any bike building skills and should be resigned to the checkouts.
I would definitely make sure the store knows about this so they can take action, before he/she builds the next bike or a customer is hurt as a result of their dangerous bike building

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
£169 from a nike outlet store brand new, unwearable as digs in and takes the skin off!!
DSC_0066_01.JPG

fkn fakes are better quality lol :rolleyes: