Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Indeed. They are the ying to the Brexits partys yang.

Two cheeks from the same arse.

One is populated by outright liars, deviants, anti-democrats and criminals.

The other is The Brexit Party.
Brexit party? it's private start up ponzi scheme, owned and mismanaged by Farage
It's not a party just a rabble posing as one.

The ranks of it's candidates populated by people who make the opposition look like saints

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
A poster on here keeps replying to my posts. Which is fine the problem is, is it's the SAME post! And repeatedly. He goes by the name Mr Bell. End of the day I'm not concerned about the spamming of the threads but genuinely concerned over his mental health.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
A poster on here keeps replying to my posts. Which is fine the problem is, is it's the SAME post! And repeatedly. He goes by the name Mr Bell. End of the day I'm not concerned about the spamming of the threads but genuinely concerned over his mental health.
Mr Bell's health is fine, thank,you fortunately the comments of idiots does not affect it, but your incessant off topic lies and innuendo serve to identify you as a person with that kind of mind to keep trolling as you do.
Shouldn't you be busying yourself sweeping a studio floor somewhere?
Thank you for your concern about my mental health. I suggest that with professional assistance, you might attain a small percentage of normality too, however unlikely that seems on your current performance.
Here's a few tips
Stop calling me a liar, when it fact the liar is you.
Post on topic
Try not to behave as a lout.
Good grief it shouldn't be too hard.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The right wing are trying to cover up Boris's cowardice again, even the USA ambassador has his two pennorth
"
Luxembourg has reminded British 'why they don't want to be in Europe', says US envoy Woody Johnson

So this man thinks he speaks for the UK does he?

Really? and what reason is he referring to? what it did was remind me that the Europeans have rightly treated the cowardly Boris with derision, he had every opportunity to behave like man and chose to run like a mouse.
Strange that America thinks Luxembourg capable of frightening the UK.
They must really be looking forward to the rich pickings from dismantling the NHS

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
They must really be looking forward to the rich pickings from dismantling the NHS
they don't want to dismantle the NHS, they only want to 'help it grow'.

• :D
Reactions: oldgroaner

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
In the Daily Mail
"
Boris Johnson warns Supreme Court judges not to 'enter the political arena' by blocking suspension of Parliament - as Government refuses to rule out proroguing AGAIN if it loses the case

Boris is amazing, one the one hand a brazen coward, on the other he imagines himself above the law of the land.
Time he was admitted to a place where he can be supervised and given appropriate care
If you were trying to persuade the supreme court judges not to involve themselves in politics, the last thing to do would be to attempt to impose political will on their functioning. It just provides a clear example of the legislative and executive estates attempting to influence, even coerce, the judicial estate.

Any judge worth a chipshop sprinkle of salt will see that as unacceptable interference.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
If true they shouldn't be that complacent, since it's likely the Queen would refuse a further proroguing.

The Queen only ever acts in such matters on advice and I think it likely the palace would advise that a further prorogue expressly to defeat the will of parliament would be her interfering in politics, something she could never do.

But surely her refusing would be an example of more interference.

I doubt it will come to this though as Johnson will win at the supreme court.

Which is a shame.

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

Which is a shame.
In one sense She has already interfered in selecting BJ as her PM ,without having this confirmed by the HoC. In this I believe she was badly advised. Her assent to the advice of RM was unfortunate, regarding the prorogation, but at least was in conformance with protocol.
The situation would now be more stark. One of her senior courts has found against the RM advice on precisely the point at issue. Even were the Supreme Court to continue with the lawfulness,of the prorogation,the entire process is tainted.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I don't think so, since two consecutive and long prorogues would be unprecedented. There could be no other reason for them than Johnsons true intention, the obstruction of parliament

I agree, since the Court will want to avoid interference in politics. As with our High Court, they will have been strongly influenced by the opinion of retired Supreme Court judge Jonathan Sumption, expressed so eloquently in this year's Reith Lectures.

In that set of five lectures, Lord Sumption argued with examples that the increasing trend of the courts being brought into into politics was a very bad development, since the courts are so ill equipped for this purpose and their decisions are not democratic.

• Agree
Reactions: oyster and Fingers

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
I don't think so, since two consecutive and long prorogues would be unprecedented. There could be no other reason for them than Johnsons true intention, the obstruction of parliament

I agree, since the Court will want to avoid interference in politics. As with our High Court, they will have been strongly influenced by the opinion of retired Supreme Court judge Jonathan Sumption, expressed so eloquently in this year's Reith Lectures.

In that set of five lectures, Lord Sumption argued with examples that the increasing trend of the courts being brought into into politics was a very bad development, since the courts are so ill equipped for this purpose and their decisions are not democratic.

Its the modern way since Bannon realised the massive loophole in the states.

Cummins is just following along.

Advertisers