Interesting Electric bike

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I saw this when I was out shopping today. Plenty of gaffa tape to make it truly authentic. It has plenty of switches for indicators and the many lights. It has two throttles - one for each motor, and to think that some people are worried about using one throttle. I didn't notice at the time, but when I look at the photo, there seems to be an interesting modification to the bottom of the forks. I also didn't think to check whether it has a number plate.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I saw this when I was out shopping today. Plenty of duck tape to make it truly authentic. It has plenty of switches for indicators and the many lights. It has two throttles - one for each motor, and to think that some people are worried about using one throttle. I didn't notice at the time, but when i look at the photo, there seems to ne an interesting modification to the bottom of the forks. I also didn't think to check whether it has a number plate.

What do you think?

View attachment 33291

View attachment 33292
Interesting indeed, thanks for sharing!

Andy

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Love it!:DUtility at it's best, the owner must have an awesome shed to have spawned such a creation and that's one of the busiest pair of handlebars I've ever seen. Those forks do look a bit strange as does the rear caliper mount.

Reactions: LeighPing

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Brilliant complexity!

At last someone else has a proper rear of wheel ball joint trailer coupling, I'm not the only one any more. And inboard trailer wheels too, another thing he must have copied from me. ;)

I wonder what the bike weighs.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
The dropout extender modification thingy is intersting. Looks like it makes the dropout lower and forwards so that the chunky motor doesn't foul the forks?

Never seen that before

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
Nice trailing link looking fork but at my age I’d never remember what all of the switches were for.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
I wonder what's in that trailer ? could be a pneumatic drill & compressor.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It was parked near the German market thing. I don't think it was being used as a diverstity barrier, so probably is used by a trader as transport.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
German market... Emm say no more ! That trailer was probably stuffed full to bursting with Knackwurst.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Are 2 250w motors legal on one bike ?
No nor are the two 500w or 1kw Voilamart D/D hubs he's using, all that power and towing on crappy cables discs. And that must be some Wh's in that rear rack bag, wouldn't surprise me if there's 2k Wh in their.

Cwah own up is this you :D ?

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: flecc

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It's certainly a work horse, a Cyclamatic made to last ….

A great find VFR I reckon who ever it is has read or seen some of your old threads dave, esp with the rear rack. It reminds me of some of your early work and thoughts of keeping the rack low and as far forward as poss.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The White front light looks like and old Eveready one, I though they went out of vogue on bikes many years ago.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It could be legal if registered. He has indicators, lights, mirrors, a horn, brake levers with balls on the end and a stand, so maybe he at least thought about registering it, though I would expect to see at least a bracket for the number plate on the back of the bike, even if later he moved it to the trailer. Maybe he registered it some time ago before adding the second motor and battery.