What's happening at 50 Cycles?

D

Deleted member 25121

I first came across 50 Cycles when I was looking for my first ebike around 10 years ago. At the time I used the pedelecs forum to help with the research and realised that 50 Cycles were importing 3rd rate bikes from China and their owner was a very nasty person.

Now they get their bikes from Germany it seems.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Now they get their bikes from Germany it seems.
Not their main BH brand though.

BH (Beistegui Hermanos S.A.) is an entirely Spanish company with half of their production now sold into the rest of Europe.

They'd earlier had wider ambitions, buying several other bike brands and forming a company known as Cycleurope, but they sold that in 1996 and reverted to being just BH.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Admittedly I haven't read through the whole thread, but has anybody who has good reason ( a customer ) made approaches to the correct authorities in order to seek redress.
Clearly the guy who keeps posting on here has absolutely no idea whatsoever how to run a business or he would not have let his first attempt go up the swanee. Calling everyone 'Stooges' I would suggest is not in his best interests or that of his company.

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
I have reported about a half dozen of the identical posts from 50cycles for "Spamming repeated identical posts with identical video in the same thread".

Last edited:

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
I should imagine other reputable bike businesses who pay fees to advertise via banners etc. can't be too happy about all this free exposure be it good or bad.

Reactions: ebiker99
D

Deleted member 25121

I have reported about a half dozen of identical the posts from 50cycles for "Spamming repeated identical posts with identical video in the same thread".
I did watch one of the videos, the sound was appalling in places , just wind on the mic, and the bikes were not exactly desirable. It was actually rather funny to watch because it was so bad.

I can't imagine what he thinks he's playing at.

The Basil Fawlty of ebikes....

• :D
Reactions: flecc

50cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2006
Bali, Indonesia
When 95% of the comments are from non customers and 95% are from non stakeholders and 95% of the comment are Malicious falsehoods then I stand by my words.

WHAT IS HAPPENING AT 50 Cycles Distribution Limited
(Promotional video removed)

Thanks
50cycles
There are no real customers on this forum not one person has come forward yet.

(advertising removed) all welcome except Stooges.

Advertisers should be very happy as we have been FREE click bait for 2 months now whilst all these spurious lies, malicios falsehoods and allegation from fake posters who actually have a vested interest by 50cycles being out of action. Not one is a proven customer. In fact most have admitted they did not even buy a bike from us.

50CYCLES is still very much open for business!

(Advertising text removed by Admin)

Last edited by a moderator:

50cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2006
Bali, Indonesia
Public apology:

Regarding my comment in this post:

https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/whats-happening-at-50-cycles.35889/post-530283

and also in this post:

https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/whats-happening-at-50-cycles.35889/post-530275

I wish to make it clear to everyone that both comments were not directed at Mr Scott Snaith, ex director of 50Cycles Limited now in liquidation.
I apologise for any misunderstanding and justified hurt that the said comment may have caused.

Mr Snaith has also requested that the offending remarks be deleted from this website. As I cannot do this myself, I have requested the site's administrator to do so on my behalf.

I wish Mr Scott Snaith every success in his new venture.

tony@wooshbikes.co.uk
In case anybody wondered what started the abuse off from the Stooges this week.

Funny how when someone comes from behind their keyboards they are nice and friendly and usually wake up to how silly they have been joining the mob mentality. Shameful actions from the Stooges this last 2 months. If some of the forums members understood the action of these stooges of this forum too I am sure they would not visit this forum again.

(Advertising removed by Admin)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 25121

Basil Fawlty's back ranting and raving, click on his video before admin remove it.

It's hilarious, the audio is incomprehensible at times because of wind noise and his descriptions of the ebikes is certainly worth a laugh.

:):):):)

• Dislike
Reactions: Amoto65

Chris M

Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2018
I am an outsider who bought from my great local bike shop.
It's fair to say that just one or two dissatisfied customers can make a big noise on social media and get people going . This can be unfair on the organisation being criticised. Having read a fair bit of this thread that could be the case. The thing that would put me off using 50cycles though is the attitude being shown by the poster claiming to be 50cycles on this forum.
On the other hand the posts from the Whoosh business all seem very reasonable and they sound like a good company to deal with . I have no connection with and have never been a customer of either company. Just saying how it looks on this forum.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Not a lawyer, but doesn't that notice in fact allow the directors to use the name or a similar name?
it's up to the official receivers of the company in liquidation to object. If they do, then the rules usually are enforced by the Courts.
The general rule is you can't use the old name in a new business if it is in the same industry or commerce.

D

Deleted member 25121

I am an outsider who bought from my great local bike shop.
It's fair to say that just one or two dissatisfied customers can make a big noise on social media and get people going . This can be unfair on the organisation being criticised. Having read a fair bit of this thread that could be the case. The thing that would put me off using 50cycles though is the attitude being shown by the poster claiming to be 50cycles on this forum.
On the other hand the posts from the Whoosh business all seem very reasonable and they sound like a good company to deal with . I have no connection with and have never been a customer of either company. Just saying how it looks on this forum.
If you look back through the threads over the years you'll see that 50 Cycles has a long history of unhappy customers, it's unfair to judge them based on this thread alone.
You're correct about the Woosh business, very helpful and constructive posts from them on here and many positive posts from customers.
Like you, I have no connection with and have never been a customer of either company.

• Dislike
Reactions: Amoto65 and POLLY

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I have been a customer of Woosh and recommend them for all the reasons many others have posted as well.
I have never been a customer of 50 Cycles; I think it highly unlikely I ever will be.

Reactions: mike killay