need chain for wisper 905

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you have 6 - 8 gears then yes, count your chain links to see how many it has. Use a bit of tippex or tape to mark the first you count.

Stu33

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
thanks Neal, I`m a bit discouraged with my wisper 905 at the moment, took it to a shop to have a look at it the guy was saying i need a new chain ring too, but i cant find one for it, he said its 122mm, and i dont think anyones gonna have it... its an old model 11 yrs old now,cant seem to get any parts for it...

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Speak to the Boss man David Miall of Wisper, he is helpful.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
its an old model 11 yrs old now,cant seem to get any parts for it...
Don't worry, if David hasn't got what you need, there are plenty of cheap parts available that will keep your bike on the road. I revived an old 905 myself last year as my winter hack.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
thanks Neal, I`m a bit discouraged with my wisper 905 at the moment, took it to a shop to have a look at it the guy was saying i need a new chain ring too, but i cant find one for it, he said its 122mm, and i dont think anyones gonna have it... its an old model 11 yrs old now,cant seem to get any parts for it...
All parts are standard catalogue parts. If you need anything, tell us, or better still show us, what you need and we will show you where to get it from. You don't have to use exactly the same parts as replacements. There are many alternatives too.

You can change the whole bottom bracket and crankset to any one of a whole range for not too much money. I can't understand why a bike shop would have a problem with that.

Stu33

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
thanks for your replies, I have spoke to wisper before ,but they never have any parts for an 11 year old wisper, I`ve written to them but wont get a reply til later. So where can I get a 122 mm chainring? i tried ebay and amazon no joy, it looks like this https://postimg.cc/68xz78gh its an older photo i`ve cleaned it up a bit now

regards,
Stuart

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The bike shop probably washing their hands of the problem because it is a leccy bike.

Stu33

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
thanks for your replies..... I got a new chainring, with pedal arms for £30 from wisper, they actually had it, to my surprise.... its better now and the chains staying on, but its not rotating properly, doesnt seem loose but i`ll upload some videos...excuse the crude vids it was awkward to do .........

hope someone can diagnose this, i`m guesing it needs a new bottom bracket wisper said its 174 mm, but i cant find one....

regards.
Stuart

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Your bottom bracket is clearly bent. you have to replace it. They have them in Halfords. Take yours in and get one the same length- about £10. You need a BB tool to get it out, and don't forget that the right side is a left-hand thread.

I'm assuming that it's a standard bottom bracket, and that your bike is a 905SE, not a 905 Torque.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
thanks for your replies..... I got a new chainring, with pedal arms for £30 from wisper, they actually had it, to my surprise....
I'm not Wisper are very good and keep a lot of spares for their models even older ones , they may well have components shared with some newer models.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I think it's this one you need if you have the internal spline. The tool you showed is for Hollowtech type.

The bottom bracket comes as a sealed unit with shaft and bearings.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Ah, that was the one part I had no luck finding. :( If your bike is the same, it's got a 90mm BB, so you need a 90 x 174 axle. I used a s/h one from an old scrap bike I was given, which luckily was almost the same. If I had to do it again, I would prob. do a cut'n'shut job, do you know a good welder/fabricator/engineer? It's prob. worth removing the one you have from the bike and checking the damage.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Stu, we don't have the174mm axle in stock now. However if you would like to drop me an email, I can send you details of site in the USA that will have them.

All the best, David

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
thanks vfr, yes its a 905se, 11 yrs old. will it be all the parts i need, the ball bearings etc? I dont see the 174 mm on their site.....what size does the bb tool need to be? found this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alomejor-Bicycle-Bracket-Mountain-Cycling/dp/B07NV4LK1Q/
11 years old changes everything. You should have mentioned that earlier. You can forget everything I wrote above because you have an old fashioned cup and cone BB. See what I wrote in the other thread. Try straightening it first. you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I successfully straightened a similar one before.

Stu33

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
Hi Stu, we don't have the174mm axle in stock now. However if you would like to drop me an email, I can send you details of site in the USA that will have them.

All the best, David
I knew this was a wind up, i pm`d the guy hes like "oh email me" , so i email em and they send me a link to their shop, twats.
"

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Stu, if you live near Southend, I can fix it for you.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I knew this was a wind up, i pm`d the guy hes like "oh email me" , so i email em and they send me a link to their shop, twats."
Hi Stuart, please read the email I sent you over the weekend... as promised saying someone in support would get back to you today. Adrian did get back to you this morning, he has just told me that the first email he forgot to paste in the address in the US, he has since sent you that address.

Sick Bike Parts
Motorised bicycle, motor bike, electric bike
sickbikeparts.com
sickbikeparts.com

We look after all our customers, including those with older bikes, very well. In deed I gave up some of my weekend to respond to you and make arrangements for support@amps.bike to contact you this morning.

Calling people that are trying to help you (with absolutely no gain to themselves) "Twats" is possibly not the way to build relationships and procure further assistance.

What do you think?

All the best, David

PS If you take it to any local bike shop, they will probably be able to sort the issue out.

Reactions: EddieH and signwave