Motor 48v 250w

MrMark

Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2018
Hi, I have two 48v batteries and I'm looking for Street legal convention kit.
I prefer mid drive since I have experience with bbs02b.

Perfectly I would go for bbs01 but unfortunately its 36v.

Can you recommend mi any alternatives?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
AKM 48v 250w from topbikekit.com or TDSZ from Woosh.

MrMark

Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2018
Thanks for your reply. There is very little info about akm. It's seems quite risky to buy it without knowing opinions other users.

Tdsz from woosh isn't bad option I am in touch with them but I do not really want a motor with torque sensor because I want to ride as much effortless as possible but still need to keep it street legal.

Are there any other suppliers of tdsz2 250w 48v motor/parts? I couldn't find any apart of 36v versions.

Reactions: Audio2

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Woosh has a special motor made to his spec and labeled for there exclusive sale which is uk legal , psw power do other options at 48 v
I have used the psw version on several builds with a few small niggles/misconception's at first now prefer it to a bbs02 ,
But if you want to ghost pedal the tsdz2 is not an option ,human effort is required or fit the throttle version with the vlcd 5 which has the 8 wire controller

MrMark

Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2018
Woosh has a special motor made to his spec and labeled for there exclusive sale which is uk legal , psw power do other options at 48 v
I have used the psw version on several builds with a few small niggles/misconception's at first now prefer it to a bbs02 ,
But if you want to ghost pedal the tsdz2 is not an option ,human effort is required or fit the throttle version with the vlcd 5 which has the 8 wire controller
That would explain a lot.

Throttle isn't an option it has to be 100% legal.

If I use highest pedal assistant level do I have to it much effort in riding?

Can you recommend me alternatives as rear hub drive units with the same specification 250w 48v?

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
You can fit a throttle to a diy kit and be legal, on the tsdz2 full assist is turbo mode some effort is still required depend on the bike gearing
You need a bbs01 36 V 250watt and ghost pedal

MrMark

Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2018
Well correct me if I am wrong but using a throttle is not legal in the UK.
Bbs01 would be great if I could use it with my 48v batteries.

Any recommendations about hub drive units?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A throttle is legal all depends on bike/kit age and how the throttle is configured for use.

MrMark

Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2018
It's not legal with new kits and for speed above 6km/h unless I don't know something?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Obviously you don't know something......

• :D
Reactions: wheeliepete

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Oh heck, it's that throttle thaing again.
It's a complicated mess of fudged legislation and regulation.
However if you put a throttle on a conversion that you have done yourself and it is configured to activate only AFTER the peddles have been turned - then it's legal, or perhaps more correctly, it's not illegal. All within the 15.5mph assist curoff of course.

MrMark

Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2018
Oh heck, it's that throttle thaing again.
It's a complicated mess of fudged legislation and regulation.
However if you put a throttle on a conversion that you have done yourself and it is configured to activate only AFTER the peddles have been turned - then it's legal, or perhaps more correctly, it's not illegal. All within the 15.5mph assist curoff of course.
Thanks for explanation.
Anyway I am not going to take a risk.
The police in my city started hunting on ebikers with illegal motors so I will be very likely stop by them and I would rather stay 100% sure I am legit.

I decided to buy tdsz2 from woosh, thank you even more for your help!

Reactions: ebiker99