mtbe mode

nightrider

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2014
hi all, I know this has been discussed before, just cannot remember outcome. I have a Cannondale trail 2019 bosch bike, with mtbe mode . i just do not get much out of this mode at all, i know its purpose is for technical steep short climbs, but i am 65yrs just not fit enough for that kind of stuff. i like forrest trails etc and tarmac,so wondering if mtbe mode can be changed back to sport mode, and would there be any difference in sport mode or just the same performance as mbte mode

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
just take it to a dealer and get them to remove it it is just a check box that needs un ticking back to sport mode.

• Agree
Reactions: ebiker99

MarcusT

Pedelecer
May 5, 2019
NE Italy
The Sport mode gives you 210% assist constantly .
MTBe senses the power you need and will assist from 120% to 300%
I like the MTBe mode, though it takes some getting used to. Especially on trails that have many ups and downs.

• Agree
Reactions: ebiker99

nightrider

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2014
I like the MTBe mode, though it takes some getting used to. Especially on trails that have many ups and downs.
ok thanks for replies, think I will just persist with it, lbs quoated me £45 to change to sport, did not think it was worth it, bit of a rip off, but thanks again

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
ok thanks for replies, think I will just persist with it, lbs quoated me £45 to change to sport, did not think it was worth it, bit of a rip off, but thanks again
The joys of having a locked in/closed system.

Fishy

Pedelecer
Nov 16, 2018
£45? Fu**ing rip off. Is there anywhere else you can go?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it was evans cycles who have bosch trained mechanics, so I would imagine anywhere with bosch trained staff will be similar price
you plug in a usb cable and launch the software no training is required it is a fkn rip off.

i dont mind paying 10 quid for a 2min job but 40-50 is taking the pi$$ to change 1 setting or get a firmware update.

SILVER SERVICE£70
GOLD SERVICE£120
Electric bike servicing covers the same as our regular Gold & Silver servicing packages with the following extras included:
• Cleaning and resealing all connections
• Cleaning and checking position of crank sensor
• Testing and re-charging battery
• Running diagnostic software and updating firmware if necessary

D

Deleted member 25121

If you took your car to a main dealer and asked them to check for any diagnostic codes I imagine the price would be rather higher than that.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it is ransom ware plane and simple you soon be pissed if windows started charging for updates and im not talking about diagnostic just un ticking a box or a software update that takes 1 push of the button.

the only time i have needed a lbs is when my xd hub bearings destroyed them self and the only way to get it off was with force and never had the right tools.

it took 3 of us nearly a hour to get the fkn thing off and fit the new one and only wanted £10 so gave him double that.

and tbh if i really wanted a firmware upgrade all id have to do is pay the postage :)

mimichris

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 11, 2020
Hello,
I am often in eMTB mode but for me 79 years old, I find that it is not enough in the climbs, so I switch to Turbo mode, as I have a Kiox and that I can see the instantaneous power, I do not consume much more in turbo mode than in eMTB mode for the same climb and the assistance is better.

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
Hello,
I am often in eMTB mode but for me 79 years old, I find that it is not enough in the climbs, so I switch to Turbo mode, as I have a Kiox and that I can see the instantaneous power, I do not consume much more in turbo mode than in eMTB mode for the same climb and the assistance is better.
As it is sensing the torque, in EMTB mode you have to put more in to get more out, if that makes sense. The shop where I bought my bike reversed the mode for free, as they do for updates. I suppose any other shop sees you as a paying customer, or in some cases, a mug. This is one of the benefits of buying locally as opposed to the internet.

Reactions: Fishy