Help! BBSHD Throttle stopped working while using PAS

faargo.genius

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 26, 2019
Logan
BBSHD Everything worked fine.. Now if I hit the throttle while using PAS, I get no throttle power.

- Throttle does nothing when on PAS.
- Feels like there is a struggle between PAS and throttle
- Speed and power die
- While not pedaling -> throttle works partially but is slowed majorly (useless).
- Everything has been working fine, all of a sudden throttle issue started.

KEEEN to hear any advice, knowledge or fix's on the issue 8)

jarob10

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk
Do you have a spare throttle on hand to help with troubleshooting? If not, get one

your controller is at risk if used with a dead / dying throttle

faargo.genius

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 26, 2019
Logan
Jarob10: Nah I dont have a spare throttle but I've ordered a new halftwist throttle last week should be soon, might even be here. Yeah It will be a good indictor as to whats causing the problem, hope it works with it.

Peter: Have attached the images of my parameters. I have a Merida Hybrid roadbike and have an Eggrider display now replacing my C965. I have been using 'Karls Special Sauce' for a few months now and it was all running brilliantly until this throttle problem. I got the Eggrider becasue I bought a ASI BAC 800 controller from ERT but Alan has screwed up and forgot the throttle I ordered with it. He also didnt include a controller with the rite connectors and wires to connect to a BBSHD. I have attached a couple pictures of the controller I have.

I think its just a basic BAC 800 without the wiring harness which you need. I think.. The connections it has are:
  • Blue, green + yellow phase wires
  • XT90 battery connection
Its missing the following connections:
  • 6pin hall sensor connector
  • PAS sensor connector
  • Black main harness
  • Speed sensor
  • Yellow break cut-off
  • Red connection for light
Pissed off he sent me my order which took 11 weeks with the throttle missing and the actual wrong/incomplete controller, and then just chooses to ignore my emails like im the one hasseling him. $500 gone. He told me he doesnt need my money and wont respond, bit of a rort.

Attachments

Last edited:

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The throttle setting is speed I use current, put the original display back on and try it, I did not use my egg rider for long[ i just did not get on with it ]