Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Now is this just another conspiracy theory?
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/coronavirus-actually-started-secret-wuhan-21506739

he spread of the deadly coronavirus could be linked to a secret laboratory where researchers have been attacked by bats, Chinese virus experts claim.
While the Chinese government said the outbreak started inside a wet market in Wuhan, scientists from South China University of Technology in Guangzhou said the possible origin of the virus could be from Wuhan Center for Disease Control (WCDC).

Scholars Botao Xiao and Lei Xiao published a research journal titled 'The possible origins of 2019-nCoV coronavirus' on Research Gate, where they claimed WCDC 'hosted animals in laboratories for research purposes', including 605 bats captured in the Hubei and Zhejiang provinces.

The bit that makes you suspicious is "The secret laboratory" that everyone seems to know about!

• :D
Reactions: Woosh and oyster

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
I don't know what you are all fretting about. If we and the rest of the world don't do something drastic PDQ about climate change, we are all going to drown or starve to death anyway.

It won't just be eugenics, it will be all-of-our-genics.
yes, we should probably start by euthanizing all the chattering upper middle class twats with their porsche's, leafs and teslas who do nothing but pollute and sit around in chat rooms proselytizing

Reactions: flecc and Woosh

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
we don't have to opt for termination.
Old people on the other hand...
Which is a whole new subject with many complex aspects.

Personally I'm very strongly in favour of termination in certain circumstances in old age, including for myself.

And I post that as an 84 year old whose mother was terminated in such compassionate circumstances at 78 years old.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Which is a whole new subject with many complex aspects.

Personally I'm very strongly in favour of termination in certain circumstances in old age, including for myself.

And I post that as an 84 year old whose mother was terminated in such compassionate circumstances at 78 years old.
I like the idea that we could choose our time to go.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
More on Sabinsky:
Sabinsky: champion of the Uber Mensch
The newly-hired advisor also once called for a “universal contraception” programme to stop the creation of what he termed a “permanent underclass”.
Sabisky is reported to have posted to a website run by Cummings, saying existing vaccination laws could pave a way for mandatory birth control.
“One way to get around problems of unplanned pregnancies creating a permanent underclass would be to legally enforce universal uptake of long-term contraception at the onset of puberty,” he wrote.
“Vaccination laws give it a precedent, I would argue.”
In a series of now-deleted tweets, the researcher also described female Labour MPs Yvette Cooper, Angela Rayner and Rebecca Long-Bailey as “dim”, while writing in another: “I am always straight up in saying that women’s sport is more comparable to the Paralympics than it is to men’s.”

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
yes, we should probably start by euthanizing all the chattering upper middle class twats with their porsche's, leafs and teslas who do nothing but pollute and sit around in chat rooms proselytizing
Your anger is showing in that irrational mix of factors.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Wouldn't surprise me if Cummings is Asbergers...
I'm absolutely certain he is, I recognise the signs as someone who would definitely been diagnosed as having Aspergers at least if it had existed and been a recognised condition early enough.

Being completely unable to cope with other people and unable to interpret their feelings, I eventually chose another path out of necessity from 18 years old onwards. Basically I studied others, their reactions and behaviours and taught myself an assembled pattern of behaviours and responses. I was helped in that by two things, firstly the very high IQ that so often accompanies the condition, secondly by early army promotions giving me a very large number of new subjects to study and learn from every couple of months for six years.

It could fairly be said that I am a manufactured composite person, an actor, indeed one friend of mine of 54 years standing up to his death in 2014 said in the earlier of those years that I seemed like an alien from another world. :)

Now though and for a long time, who I am is settled and I am totally confident in all circumstances, a far cry from my early life when I shunned and rejected human company, suffered a painful form of extreme shyness and didn't really have any personality. Certainly who and what I was I always baffled my parents, though my father and teachers thought beating me frequently was the answer.

Not being born in the first place would have been a better answer.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
I'm absolutely certain he is, I recognise the signs as someone who would definitely been diagnosed as having Aspergers at least if it had existed and been a recognised condition early enough.

Being completely unable to cope with other people and unable to interpret their feelings, I eventually chose another path out of necessity from 18 years old onwards. Basically I studied others, their reactions and behaviours and taught myself an assembled pattern of behaviours and responses. I was helped in that by two things, firstly the very high IQ that so often accompanies the condition, secondly by early army promotions giving me a very large number of new subjects to study and learn from every couple of months for six years.

It could fairly be said that I am a manufactured composite person, an actor, indeed one friend of mine of 54 years standing up to his death in 2014 said in the earlier of those years that I seemed like an alien from another world. :)

Now though and for a long time, who I am is settled and I am totally confident in all circumstances, a far cry from my early life when I shunned and rejected human company, suffered a painful form of extreme shyness and didn't really have any personality. Certainly who and what I was I always baffled my parents, though my father and teachers thought beating me frequently was the answer.

Not being born in the first place would have been a better answer.
I can relate to much of what you write, but think that to varying degrees we are all isolated individuals in a fragmented often quite mad reality that more often than not defy intuitive understanding. And frequently there are moral cowards around who would use physical punishment to exorcise their own fears and madness by beating one. I can also relate to wishing not to be born, but here we are like hamlet trapped by our fears and not knowing what else there may be. It's a refrain, but theres a brilliant version (original russian with subtitles) of the movie Solaris on 4 that deals with some of this very honestly

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I can also relate to wishing not to be born, but here we are like hamlet trapped by our fears and not knowing what else there may be.
To dispel any misunderstanding, I don't wish I had never been born and never have done. In contrast though, I don't care when I die and have meant that since about the age of 20. Ever since then I've said this on the subject, "I'm ready to die any time, even before the end of this sentence".

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
To dispel any misunderstanding, I don't wish I had never been born and never have done. In contrast though, I don't care when I die and have meant that since about the age of 20. Ever since then I've said this on the subject, "I'm ready to die any time, even before the end of this sentence".
Well I have no intention of dying till the end of my life, which seems logical to me.
Despite the sometimes impressive efforts of the NHS to finish the job.
Sometimes they give you subtle hints such as when reviewing my medication
"We seems to be running out of options, but then life is a terminal condition"
I rather liked that one
And when the wife was offered a Flu injection and I rolled up my sleeve to be told
"I haven't got one for you, you're not on the list" :cool:

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Despite there being an official major incident down here in S Wales, with loss of life, we in our tiny corner have had the brightest and driest day for some time. Actual blue sky and no wetness underfoot (or tyre). While Newgale, just a few miles away, is shut off.

Nothing on the side of a bus said leaving the EU would cause these high winds and flooding.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wicky and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Nothing on the side of a bus said leaving the EU would cause these high winds and flooding.
The Leave campaign didn't know The Almighty was on the EU's side.

It was inevitable, the Continentals go to church far more often than we do, we atheistic lot never stood a chance.

Reactions: oyster

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Well I have no intention of dying till the end of my life, which seems logical to me.
Despite the sometimes impressive efforts of the NHS to finish the job.
Sometimes they give you subtle hints such as when reviewing my medication
"We seems to be running out of options, but then life is a terminal condition"
I rather liked that one
And when the wife was offered a Flu injection and I rolled up my sleeve to be told
"I haven't got one for you, you're not on the list" :cool:
Unlike the rest of you, I have no death wish, and intend living forever or die in the attempt.
I am reminded of the Woody Allen line, that some people seek immortality by doing amazing deeds, whereas he wished to achieve it by simply not dying.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Unlike the rest of you, I have no death wish, and intend living forever or die in the attempt.
I am reminded of the Woody Allen line, that some people seek immortality by doing amazing deeds, whereas he wished to achieve it by simply not dying.
I, m with you on this one Danidl. Just back from a days windsurfing, been an amazing last 3 days. At 63 when father time calls time, I, ve got no grumbles but I, m stretching innings as far and actively as possible. I, ll go out going for boundary. Still windsurfing at sea in almost any conditions after having new knee, two broken vertebrae and two heart ops is about my best sporting achievement... Couldnt have done that in my twenties..!!!???

Advertisers