Nov 15, 2015

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
The New European@TheNewEuropean
·
1h
Boris Johnson opts to stay in lakeside mansion rather than visit flood victims https://theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/government-failing-to-meet-storm-dennis-flood-victims-1-6518639…

Replying to @TheNewEuropean
oldgroaner

No point in complaining about Boris, or even to him, for after all, you don't complain to the Monkey about the tune being played when the Organ Grinder is present do you?
Jennifer Arcuri

Oh! Not that sort of OG. (Sorry, OG, not you!) DC. :)

• :D
Reactions: oldgroaner

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
in principle, yes. in practice you may want to step of the soap box. by voting for Brexit you put that flaccid deregulating twit in nr 10 and removed us from the environmental and consumer protection of the eu. and weren't you spouting Corbyn hatred a few pages ago and singing the virtues of the new alt right hijacked tory party. and that's before we get to the fact that companies simply cut costs because we consumers don't want to pay. You wouldn't be enthralled if that little porsche was suddenly 15k dearer because someone had to deconstruct it with skilled European labour would you? the buck, im afraid stops with us consumers, and until sea levels rise a few meters I don't see us properly locating our moral compasses
Its "step off the soap box" Agnew. Making room for a you to virtue signal.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
  • Informative

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
How can anyone be in any doubt as to the awfulness of the current co-called government?

No 10 refuses to comment on PM's views of racial IQ

Move comes after hiring of new adviser who said black people have lower average IQs
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/17/no-10-refuses-to-comment-on-pms-views-of-racial-iq
I see that there is some activity on twitter...

Dr Adam Rutherford

@AdamRutherford

I can see this damn Andrew Sabisky situation is not going away. I have written two books about Eugenics and race, teach it, at the place where it was founded, in the lab named after its creator, Francis Galton, where I was an Undergrad and still am a Fellow, so, some thoughts 1/n
7:45 am · 17 Feb 2020·Twitter for iPhone
Retweets

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Food for thought

"Interesting. Of the 2 cruise passengers that tested positive 2 weeks ago, now 454 are infected despite stringent containment.

How do you achieve stringent containment on a ship with a complex ventilation system?

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
OG, Did I miss your post about this?

Jennifer Arcuri on why she hopes setting up in Grimsby will help 'shake off silly scandal' with Boris Johnson
US businesswoman rumoured to have been romantically linked to the Prime Minister speaks about her business plans in Grimsby
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/jennifer-arcuri-hopes-setting-up-3789097
No, what happens in Grimsby is shrouded in mystery to people in Hull.

Before the Bridge was built Lincolnshire was marked on our maps with the legend
"Here be Dragons":eek:

Reactions: flecc and oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The world is indeed a crazy place

"Health Protection Scotland (HPS) has issued guidance to the NHS to encourage services to prepare for the arrival of Coronavirus from next month. In addition, for the first time, a major campaign aimed at the public will launched using the slogan, “Stay at home. Keep it to yourself.”

Perhaps I could make a helpful suggestion

Put a large black cross on your front door and a body count , to make the clear up operation at the end of the outbreak simpler and help with rationing of body bags.

For those who want to be more helpful the Government will shortly issue a DIY guide to help construct your own personal body bag from Bin liners and duct tape. :cool:

Oh and of course you might care to make sure your will is up to date.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
The world is indeed a crazy place

"Health Protection Scotland (HPS) has issued guidance to the NHS to encourage services to prepare for the arrival of Coronavirus from next month. In addition, for the first time, a major campaign aimed at the public will launched using the slogan, “Stay at home. Keep it to yourself.”

Perhaps I could make a helpful suggestion

Put a large black cross on your front door and a body count , to make the clear up operation at the end of the outbreak simpler and help with rationing of body bags.

For those who want to be more helpful the Government will shortly issue a DIY guide to help construct your own personal body bag from Bin liners and duct tape. :cool:

Oh and of course you might care to make sure your will is up to date.
Will that prediction be any more accurate than for brexit, HS2, seafreight ferries, or numerous other government mismanaged schemes?

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
And it is all OUR fault for checking out what he had posted in public! And "media" for noticing.

If his forecasting skills are so super-mega-fantastic, how come he didn't predict this media hysteria?

But Sabisky himself tweeted on Monday evening: “The media hysteria about my old stuff online is mad but I wanted to help HMG not be a distraction. Accordingly I’ve decided to resign as a contractor. I hope no.10 hires more ppl w/good geopolitical forecasting track records & that media learn to stop selective quoting.”

He added: “I signed up to do real work, not be in the middle of a giant character assassination.”

• Informative

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Will that prediction be any more accurate than for brexit, HS2, seafreight ferries, or numerous other government mismanaged schemes?
It's really a cunning plan

You go home, get sick, you die.

No strain at all on the NHS, and you can't pin anything on Boris, as the dead usually don't complain.

Reactions: oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
And it is all OUR fault for checking out what he had posted in public! And "media" for noticing.

If his forecasting skills are so super-mega-fantastic, how come he didn't predict this media hysteria?

But Sabisky himself tweeted on Monday evening: “The media hysteria about my old stuff online is mad but I wanted to help HMG not be a distraction. Accordingly I’ve decided to resign as a contractor. I hope no.10 hires more ppl w/good geopolitical forecasting track records & that media learn to stop selective quoting.”

He added: “I signed up to do real work, not be in the middle of a giant character assassination.”
Reminds me of a sign on the Gypsy fortune tellers little cabin on Whitby harbour side
"Closed due to unforeseen circumstances"
Honestly this really did happen!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimod and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
It's really a cunning plan

You go home, get sick, you die.

No strain at all on the NHS, and you can't pin anything on Boris, as the dead usually don't complain.
Currently they are saying four in five only get a mild illness.

Which might leave an awful lot of aggrieved bereaved.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

where was this giant? this guy hardly fits the description of a giant anything , other than proving an education won't cure abject stupidity.
Some clairvoyant, that can't see his mouth is his own worst enemy.
What is frightening is that some incredibly stupid person or persons thought to employ him for work of a confidential and important nature.
It really demonstrates that that they are as unfit for office as he clearly is and should resign in the public interest.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Boris has made such a bad showing over the local flooding, and it’s quite possible to imagine if coronavirus strikes he will find himself unable to cope with it and the government could well collapse, from dIssent within its own party Due to a public outcry.
And while I would like to see the back of his party and him too,This situation is an awful prospect, and he needs to be taking steps to reassure the public that something is being done to deal with the situation as it unfolds, not just ignore it as seems to be happening now
The notion you can tell people to stay home and keep it to themselves is insanity
This latest madness over eugenics put Boris in an invidious position, for if he does nothing and people start dying en mass It won’t be long before they start thinking not just that he doesn’t care, but that he actually welcomesThe situation Because of his being tainted with a belief in eugenics. In his own interest he better start making some changes to benefit the public health wise And demonstrate the proper emergency procedures are in place

Last edited:
  • Agree

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
I see that there is some activity on twitter...
Dr Adam Rutherford
@AdamRutherford

I can see this damn Andrew Sabisky situation is not going away. I have written two books about Eugenics and race, teach it, at the place where it was founded, in the lab named after its creator, Francis Galton, where I was an Undergrad and still am a Fellow, so, some thoughts 1/n
7:45 am · 17 Feb 2020·Twitter for iPhone
Retweets

I really really hope it doesnt go away. The longer it festers and boris remain tongue tied the more the great British electorate get a view of the ugly prejudice under the veneer of tory politics

• Agree

Advertisers